Thread: EDGeS@Home

Silver Member

EDGeS@Home

EDGeS@Home, is giving me the following message on my new laptop. "Autodock VINA is not available for your tyoe of computer." I haven't run this project in a long time and was wondering if they changed their requirments. Has anyone else come across this?
    My laptop is Dell i3 O.S. windows 7.

Diamond Member

Re: EDGeS@Home

Quote Originally Posted by Fogle View Post
    EDGeS@Home, is giving me the following message on my new laptop. "Autodock VINA is not available for your tyoe of computer." I haven't run this project in a long time and was wondering if they changed their requirments. Has anyone else come across this?
    My laptop is Dell i3 O.S. windows 7.
    They offer both linux and windows applications. Although it could be that for the work they have available at the moment for windows.

But the most likely option is that you don't have the right sub-projects selected. Go into your project preferences, and make sure you have all the sub project checked, as well as "If no work for selected applications is available, accept work from other applications?".

Finally, it looks like they are experimenting with running tasks in a virtual machine. So make sure you have vbox installed, just in case.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

If you look at the Returning participants 'application' link on the main site page. You see under the listing of available applications that AutoDock Vina is only available in Linux flavors, and there is no windows version available.

So if you want to run it in a VM linux machine then it would find it.

So it is just an informational message, that it is not able to run Autodock VINA. You will also see that some are only 32 bit applications.

I am currently running a AutoDock VINA Wu on a Linux machine.
    Last edited by kmanley57; 01-22-13 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelting errors
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmanley57 View Post
    If you look at the Returning participants 'application' link on the main site page. You see under the listing of available applications that AutoDock Vina is only available in Linux flavors, and there is no windows version available.

So if you want to run it in a VM linux machine then it would find it.

So it is just an informational message, that it is not able to run Autodock VINA. You will also see that some are only 32 bit applications.

I am currently running a AutoDock VINA Wu on a Linux machine.
    Rosetta is getting weird on me, so I guess I'll hit this for a while.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Update: EDGeS has Window OS work now and has for the last month. I'm parked there trying to get the team over the 5 million MM and maybe myself to 750K. We'll get there soon since we're now less than 100K away from 5M. Thanks for the assist from Borg. Together with a dozen other team members we also got the team into the top ten teams on EDGeS. Only problem is Team Norway really ramped up and at their current pace will blow by us around the time we hit 5 million and will knock us out of this top ten. We'd have to get to near 5.2 million to stay in the top 10. No need for the team to do anything but if so inclined or you need to reach a personal goal involving EDGeS, now might be an opportunity to jump in. Thanks.