Hello team,

It is time again for another mod by yours truly

This one is special as the basis for Project Z-Wave has been sponsored by Zombie69! A big THANK YOU to Z for this opportunity.

As it has not been decided if my Uncle wants the Z-Wave (Truth: It's up to Mrs. Uncle) when the mods are complete, it may be given to another team member. Maybe a simple contest of some sort, Like "Tell us why Z-Wave interests you" or some such thing...

Anyhoot, what did Zombie send my way you ask?

The hardware:
Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 Mini-ITX (Link)
PSU: Seasonic X-Series SS-650KM Fully Modular 650W (Link)
CPU Cooler #1: Corsair Hydro Series H60 v2 (Link)
CPU Cooler #2: Cooler Master GeminII M4 (Link)
CPU Cooler #3: Deep Cool HTPC-11 (Link)

First off, it is obvious from the list that there are two CPU coolers too many. The mod will use the H60 so the other coolers will find their way to others on the team for crunching use.

Second and as obvious, the list does not include CPU, MB, HDD/SSD or RAM. So if Z-Wave does go to another team member it is with the understanding that she/he will add such items to complete this mini cruncher.

Okay, with all that out of the way it is time for some pics. Yeeeeha!!! And sorry for the poor quality of some of the pics.

Boxes & Parts

Elite Pieces

Bare Chassis Side

Bare Chassis Front Detail

Bare Chassis Front & Bottom

On the assumption that Z-Wave stays and will serve double duty as an HTPC, I made up a list of hardware to complete it.

MB: ASRock FM2A75M-ITX (Link)
CPU: AMD A8-5600K Trinity (Link)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (Link)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-64G (Link)
HDD: HGST Travelstar Z7K500 HTS725050A7E630 500GB (Link)
Blu-Ray Drive: Something off eBay (Link)

Tomorrow I will start removing bits and pieces from the chassis so that's it for now.

Oh, one more thing. I'd like to plug my last blog (Here)

Until next post, Peace,
F$