Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Special Report: Project Z-Wave. (Yes, It's another Mod...)

Diamond Member
    Ah. It works because it is AMD, which is already a choice. I was thinking about intel HD, which is not yet supported.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Re: Special Report: Project Z-Wave. (Yes, It's another Mod...)

Anyone asked Slicker how hard it would be to support the new on-die GPU in the Intel CPUs? Could he reuse the same OpenCL code ( is it standardized like that?) Or would this require a lot of programming work to generate an Intel specific series of WUs?

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Anyone asked Slicker how hard it would be to support the new on-die GPU in the Intel CPUs? Could he reuse the same OpenCL code ( is it standardized like that?) Or would this require a lot of programming work to generate an Intel specific series of WUs?
    Yeah, there is already a thread on the project forum. He's working on it. The hard part is the server code.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yeah, there is already a thread on the project forum. He's working on it. The hard part is the server code.
    OK, I understand. So it has to be redone, that's what I didn't know about. A bummer that they can't just make an open standard (i.e. OpenCL you would think...) where you could created one set of code and it would talk to any chip that could run that code. I thought that's what they were trying to do, but then I guess it's probably pretty complicated stuff! Way over my head anyway.

Past Administrator

Update.

Well, so far so good. Z-Wave has been crunching away on the GTX-460 without any problems. Though at some point in the near future I'll have to address the heat issue as the GPU is running a tad warmer in this tight case.

On the HTPC side of things, I'm slowly working on customizing the GUI. I've settled on XMBC's Aeon Nox GUI theme since it has a lot of forum interest and support. And keeping to my MO, below are a couple of screenshots.

Aeon Nox GUI

And Z-Wave's desktop
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 04-29-13 at 03:33 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123