Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After looking around a little bit

Past Administrator

Re: After looking around a little bit

Hey Clank,

90C is WAY to high, even for Donate. Double check your GPU fan speeds asap. If you are using only CCC to control your cards then set fan control to manual and adjust fan speed as high as your noise tolerance will allow. 70%~80% should move the temps down to the 70C range.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Ya I noticed the spike, Collatz runs at 73c with 80% fan. When I switched to Donate the temps shot up and the box drew an extra 200 watts from the wall ( 850 watts total ). The Vapors are suppose to be safe up to 110c. Remember they are just air cooled and about 1/16 of an inch apart. Nothing is melting yet. Waterblocks are down to 55 bucks for these maybe it's worth looking in to.
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 02-15-13 at 03:35 PM.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Clank [MM] View Post
    Ya I noticed the spike, Collatz runs at 73c with 80% fan. When I switched to Donate the temps shot up and the box drew an extra 200 watts from the wall ( 850 watts total ). The Vapors are suppose to be safe up to 110c. Remember they are just air cooled and about 1/16 of an inch apart. Nothing is melting yet. Waterblocks are down to 55 bucks for these maybe it's worth looking in to.
    I had a simular heat issue in my box with three gpus. I opened up the side panel and used a fan I had in the house to blow air right onto the gpus.

HAPFR-UC_vl1.jpg

Worked like a charm till the dust bunnies attacked.

Good advise, I don't normally use cases but I bought the aerocool x open air chassis. It just made everything easy to work with. I wouldn't buy another but I kind of liked the 220mm fan that's horizontal above the cards, then the cards have no isues blowing out of each end. I'll add some more air, maybe stick it in the garage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12