Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Friend of SETI.USA

Post Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Downloaded & Installed Driver v314.07 WHQL yesterday for the GTX 560 Ti but the System kept crashing Upon entering Windows 7, so I went back to the v310.90 Driver. The System runs okay with that Driver but the Collatz Wu's keep getting Computation Errors after a few Minutes running time. They ran okay with the GTX 470 that was in the Box but I sold that Card yesterday & replaced it with the GTX 560 Ti ... Either the 560 Ti is bad or the Collatz Wu's don't like to run on it, I'm running the 560 Ti at it's stock speed & the fan on 70 which reads about 60c on load. It's running 2 Wu's at once, maybe that's the problem, I don't know ???

Administrator
    Ste\/e, I use 301.42 on my 560ti and they work fine on everything. I've never tried 2 collatz at a time, so you might to start there.

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Wu's Crash on GTX 560 Ti !!!

Okay Z, but did you run just 1 or 2 at a time on the 2Win, and if only 1 how did you do that to restrict the Dual Core to only run 1 Collatz ??? Thanks

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Okay Z, but did you run just 1 or 2 at a time on the 2Win, and if only 1 how did you do that to restrict the Dual Core to only run 1 Collatz ??? Thanks
    I am not sure I understand the question. I ran 4 tasks at once on the machine, 1 per GPU. There is no option to run multiple tasks per GPU with collatz. Do you mean using an app_info.xml? No, I don't use one for collatz. You don't need it, as the load is already maxed out. And according to slicker's comment earlier in this thread, the CUDA app is not designed to run more than one per GPU at a time.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I am not sure I understand the question. I ran 4 tasks at once on the machine, 1 per GPU. There is no option to run multiple tasks per GPU with collatz. Do you mean using an app_info.xml? No, I don't use one for collatz. You don't need it, as the load is already maxed out. And according to slicker's comment earlier in this thread, the CUDA app is not designed to run more than one per GPU at a time.
    What I meant as did you run just 1 Wu on the 2Win or 2 Wu's as in 1 Per Core ... the 2Win I have seems to run 2 GPUGrid Wu's okay 1 on each Core but will Crash running 1 Collatz on each Core & the Computer won't even run with the 314.07 Driver, keeps rebooting when entering Windows, had to revert to the 310.90 Driver ...

Diamond Member

What I meant as did you run just 1 Wu on the 2Win or 2 Wu's as in 1 Per Core ... the 2Win I have seems to run 2 GPUGrid Wu's okay 1 on each Core but will Crash running 1 Collatz on each Core & the Computer won't even run with the 314.07 Driver, keeps rebooting when entering Windows, had to revert to the 310.90 Driver ...
    Okay, I am very confused now. Or rather, I think maybe you are? The 2win is a dual GPU card (two 560 Ti), just like the 590 (two 580).

So, I ran just one task on each of two GPUs in my 560 Ti 2win...both at the same time. One task per GPU.

Let me ask you a question: Are you using an app_info.xml? Or are you having these problems completely "native"?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

What I meant as did you run just 1 Wu on the 2Win or 2 Wu's as in 1 Per Core ... the 2Win I have seems to run 2 GPUGrid Wu's okay 1 on each Core but will Crash running 1 Collatz on each Core & the Computer won't even run with the

314.07 Driver, keeps rebooting when entering Windows, had to revert to the 310.90 Driver ...
    I have a version that is working with the 314.07 drivers. Just finished initial testing today. Next tests are to see whether it can run multple WUs at one time via an app_config.xml. You guys want to help with testing it?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Friend of SETI.USA

Both my 560ti 2Wins ran the Collatz Wu's okay over night 2 on each Card, seems if I keep them supplied with the cuda23 Wu's they both run fine and at the same speed if I run the same CPU Wu's on each Box. But if they run the cuda42 Wu's then 1 run's okay but the other one will either get Hung Wu's or Crash some Wu's so I just abort any other than the cuda23 Wu's for now anyway ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Was still having trouble running the Collatz GPU Wu's on the one Box with the 560 2Win in it. It would only run at about 13% Usage while the other Box with a 560 2Win in it ran at about 87%-89% Usage when running the Collatz GPU Wu's. So to see if it was the Card or the System I swapped Cards . Same thing happened to the Card that was running okay when I put it in the other Box that wasn't running okay, the usage dropped to around 13%.

The Box that was running good was running the cuda23 Wu's while the Box that was running bad was running cuda40 Wu's. So I aborted the cuda40 Wu's out of the bad running box & luckily got some cuda23 Wu's back. The Box seems to be running okay now, only at about 70% Usage but I set the System back to it's stock BIOS setting so don't know if that had something to do with it running okay now too ... I'm running out a couple of GPUGrid Wu's & when they get done I'll set the BIOS to about 4.2 or 4.3 GHZ & see if it keeps running okay or not when running the cuda23 Collatz Wu's ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Don't know if I picked up a bunch of the Test Wu's or not but got over 600 Cuda23 Wu's dumped on 1 Box, will have to abort some, don't think I can run that many before their deadlines but not sure about that either ... The Cuda23's seem to be running about 25% Faster than the Cuda40's were on my 560Ti 2Win ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast