Thread: kennison1957

kennison1957

Post kennison1957

WELCOME FOLKS !!!...

Please assist me on getting this SETI@HOME to work, so I can listen/watch the People of The Universe TALK !!!...It will not work, whatsoever...

Platinum Member

Re: kennison1957

Sorry, I missed this thread. Tell us what is happening and we'll see what we can do to get you up and running.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

CB that makes 2 of us....

Sorry about that K.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Welcome kennison1957. Sorry with me we are 3.

1st Download boinc - http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php (if you have any problem to choose just ask.

2nd On Boinc Manager go to TOOLS and choose Add Project click on next and choose Seti@home, click on it and then click next, fill the Email and password and click next again. It is done.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Also, BOINC may default to only running when you are not using the computer. How to check?

In BOINC Manager, go to "Tools" and then "Computing preferences". Select the "processor usage" tab. Check "While computer is in use" and OK. Then select the Projects tab in BOINC manager, select the SETI project and click Update. Hopefully, you will get work. Please note that SETI is only running a few days a week. If you have your heart set on SETI, you will also need to increase the cache size in the preferences so that your computer doesn't sit idle on the days when SETI is not available.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)