Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFS@Home April Showers Challenges

Gold Member

NFS@Home April Showers Challenges

Past Administrator

Re: NFS@Home April Showers Challenges

Sweet - we going to join that first one or are we all going to be NFSed out by then?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Sweet - we going to join that first one or are we all going to be NFSed out by then?
    I will be there anyway (at NFS) but I don't know if the team wants to join on this challenges. I would like that anyway.

I will keep on crunching what I can till my birthday.

That is to say till the end of the second challenge, I will make 19 or is it 18 at 12th April , good that my memory is in a very bad shape.

I swear I didn't knew about this challenges or I would have waited to call you for both of them. Now I got really confused.

Do as you wish, in spite I will be on both challenges crunching for the team.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

I'll run both starting on March 30th.

Carlos

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I'll be honest...I'll be off if NFS in 2 days. At that point I'll have my 5000 hrs and be moving to something else, so I won't be in either challenge. Sorry, just not a math fan...but I'll give what I can until then. I have a couple of gpu milestones I want to hit in the next 30 days, once those are met the gpus go down for the summer. NC heat and gpu crunching don't go well together unless you have ac blowing into the boxes and that is not economically feasible.

Edit: that's not to say I wouldn't consider a short gpu challenge during the summer, but 24/7 is out.
    Last edited by Al; 03-27-13 at 04:22 PM.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    I'll be honest...I'll be off if NFS in 2 days. At that point I'll have my 5000 hrs and be moving to something else, so I won't be in either challenge. Sorry, just not a math fan...but I'll give what I can until then. I have a couple of gpu milestones I want to hit in the next 30 days, once those are met the gpus go down for the summer. NC heat and gpu crunching don't go well together unless you have ac blowing into the boxes and that is not economically feasible.

Edit: that's not to say I wouldn't consider a short gpu challenge during the summer, but 24/7 is out.
    Your help is being very appreciated on the time you could give to the project. I believe in the use of mathematics and general knowledge for a better world, many THANKS Al.

I understand the badges and the stones as a tool to get better crunching but I don't think that could be the only tool of our crunching time as points aren't really the same for different projects we have different weighing for points, badges or stones and in my opinion that doesn't reflect the utility of the project.

But that is only my opinion and I am only another cruncher trying to do my best to have a good time in Boinc and in the Forum of my team as I always did in all the teams I was in, all to have a better world.

Well I write to much sorry for that.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Friend of SETI.USA

I'll try to throw a few Box's on the Challenge's, still need to move my NFS App's up the Chart, have so many other App's going though it's hard to concentrate on just 1 or a few App's but will see what I can do ...

Gold Member

So who can add SETI.USA to the challenges?

Friend of SETI.USA

Only the Founder of a Team can add a Team to the BoincStats Challenges, the Founder is the only one who can create a Challenge too ..

Gold Member

Who's the team founder?

Carlos

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast