Thread: search broken, kinda

Diamond Member

search broken, kinda

So let's say I am looking for a video I posted in the forum by the Fleet Foxes. I put "fleet foxes" in the search field, and search. With or without the quotes makes no difference, in this case. The result is a forum thread with 30 pages of posts. But there is no link that takes you to the actual post. This can't be right. Is there any way to find that post without having to search through each of 30 pages?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: search broken, kinda

Putzed around a bit with this. Seems the default has changed through some update along the way. You need to go to the Advanced search and make sure to select the

Search Single Content Type

at the top. Then go to the bottom of the "Additional Options" part of the page and click on

Show Results as: Posts

then save that setting for your future searches.

Diamond Member

Search is just fine for me but I have an arrangement with searches and pictures, I would like to have one of this about computers.

And z listen to Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (OFFICIAL VIDEO) at http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...ll=1#post54715

or just listen here

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    ... I put "fleet foxes" in the search field, and search. With or without the quotes makes no difference, in this case. The result is a forum thread with 30 pages of posts. But there is no link that takes you to the actual post. This can't be right. ...
    Yeah, huh. That is something. I tried it myself, I put "B.S." into the search field, and all I got back was a list of 5,874 posts made by Fire$torm.

Just kidding. Hope your search issue can be figured out.