Thread: Windows 7 Live Mail

Friend of SETI.USA

Windows 7 Live Mail

For some reason Windows live Mail & Comcast.net don't get along, I can receive E-mails but never have been able to send any E-Mails, any reason for this ????

Platinum Member

Re: Windows 7 Live Mail

Issue with ports. I think 25 is the default? Need to change your outgoing port to 587 or 465 and turn SSL on and select 'authentication required'. Also make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking it. Should be some way to de-select protection for your POP3. Comcast scans your mail for viruses already so no need to do it twice.

Friend of SETI.USA

Thanks John, changing the outgoing port to 465 seemed to get my outgoing mail to work ... much appreciated ... Steve

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Thanks John, changing the outgoing port to 465 seemed to get my outgoing mail to work ... much appreciated ... Steve
    Most if not all ISPs block port 25 by default. It's supposed to cut down on spam.(How's that working so far) Really annoying, especially if you have a domain with e-mail service.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.