Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum: Where the sig starts

Diamond Member

Forum: Where the sig starts

Take a look at this post:

http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...ll=1#post61054

Even though the post is only one line, the signature section is pushed down to the end of the "about the poster" section. Why? Seems to add extra length to the post for no reason.

And the reason I bring this up: I want bigger avatar images. But I don't want that to impact the length of posts.

Any way we can make the sig section tighten up a bit?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Re: Forum: Where the sig starts

So far I haven't found any setting that would allow me to make that adjustment.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gopher_FreeDC

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Take a look at this post:

http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php...ll=1#post61054

Even though the post is only one line, the signature section is pushed down to the end of the "about the poster" section. Why? Seems to add extra length to the post for no reason.

And the reason I bring this up: I want bigger avatar images. But I don't want that to impact the length of posts.

Any way we can make the sig section tighten up a bit?
    It is due to the way Vb puts the post together if you look at the HTML of it...
    Notice where that Gray HR Line is - if you continued it across the whole webpage it would come just below where your avatar and all your user details, that fills up that left hand side.

Basically Fire$torm your gonna have to mess with the template - I suggest making a copy of the current template and messing with it -
    the part your looking for is anywhere that has 'CLASS="after_content" ' that's why it punts it to the bottom of ALL the content.

I may be able to help a little with that going to see how our template handles it...
    Just looked seems it handles it exactly the same way... There still might be hope

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher_FreeDC View Post
    It is due to the way Vb puts the post together if you look at the HTML of it...
    Notice where that Gray HR Line is - if you continued it across the whole webpage it would come just below where your avatar and all your user details, that fills up that left hand side.

Basically Fire$torm your gonna have to mess with the template - I suggest making a copy of the current template and messing with it -
    the part your looking for is anywhere that has 'CLASS="after_content" ' that's why it punts it to the bottom of ALL the content.

I may be able to help a little with that going to see how our template handles it...
    Just looked seems it handles it exactly the same way... There still might be hope
    Thank you for the offer to assist.

Hmmmmm. I may have to do (as in make request of Bok or you) a complete backup of the forum before I fiddle with HTML code. Just in case.....

Kidding aside, I'll give it a look see early next week. I have a lot of yard work to do this weekend.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gopher_FreeDC

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thank you for the offer to assist.

Hmmmmm. I may have to do (as in make request of Bok or you) a complete backup of the forum before I fiddle with HTML code. Just in case.....

Kidding aside, I'll give it a look see early next week. I have a lot of yard work to do this weekend.

F$
    I'll let Bok know, he's probably better at doing the backup than me and is way more local than me to the server . Meanwhile check your PM - it's a simple fix and should work ok....

Advisor - Stateside Division

The forum gets backed up nightly entirely, though if you needed to restore, you would obviously lose the posts made since the backup.

If you copy the whole theme and just mess with that one, then there is little risk.

Advisor - Stateside Division

To duplicate style.

1. visit your site
    2. Login into admincp
    3. click styles and templates (on the left)
    4. Select Download/Upload Style (on the left)
    5. First box is a drop down, select your skin you want to duplicate
    6. Make sure vBulletin is the product
    7. give it a title
    8. give it a filename
    9. Select either option of all customizations made in the skin, or this skin and parent skins
    10. hit download

Import New Style
    1. From the same screen we were just at.
    2. Hit the Browse Button
    3. locate the .xml file you just downloaded (the one that was to duplicate the skin)
    4. Make sure Create New style
    5. Give it no parent style
    6. Hit Import button

Past Administrator

Thank you Bok for the info. Will Copy & Paste for future reference.

And thank you Gopher for researching the answer so I didn't fubar the forums...... Where applicable, all forum styles have been modified.

So Z, thanks to these guys the problem is now [RESOLVED].

Peace,
    F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Good job! Just tested it with 'view signatures' turned off in settings to see if anything was broken but it still works fine. The little scroller wheel thingy on my mouse thanks you

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thank you Bok for the info. Will Copy & Paste for future reference.

And thank you Gopher for researching the answer so I didn't fubar the forums...... Where applicable, all forum styles have been modified.

So Z, thanks to these guys the problem is now [RESOLVED].

Peace,
    F$
    Thanks everyone for this!

Now for the reason I brought it up, the avatar size? I think the limit is currently 125x125. Can we please bump that up to 150x150?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast