Thread: Donate@Home: Project down until further notice

Diamond Member

Donate@Home: Project down until further notice

d@h was not able to be up consistently in the past few months. It has never been a champion of stability due to the complexity involved but now it's even worse with no apparent difference in the infrastructure. Adding to this is the advent of ASICs for bitcoin crunching. These chips are way more power efficient than GPUs and so it makes no sense to keep crunching on GPUs.The results of ASICs is that when we started the network power was around 8. Tera hashes/s. Yesterday was 110. This also mean that in the past few months we could not solve any block. I'll be away for the next month, but as soon as I get back we will be reporting on what we have done and what we plan to do. Most likely stop it and re-purpose it.For now, I would like to thank everybody who participated and wait for the reporting in 1 month.gdf

More...

Past Administrator

Re: Donate@Home: Project down until further notice

So, this looks to be the end of the project. I doubt many crunchers are going to fork over $2,000+ for an ASIC box to support this project. Oh well... back to Dirt.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Re: Donate@Home: Project down until further notice

Hmmm, Looks like I may be wrong about pricing. Haven't done any real research yet but take a look at these hardware listings on eBay ---> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...op=15&LH_BIN=1

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6