Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: RNA has work and we're losing ground

  1. #11
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    June 1st, 2011
    Location
    Terra Incognito
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: RNA has work and we're losing ground

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Not any more. Those mega-tasks are all done and out of the system.
    Were the credits worth it?

  2. #12
    Diamond Member
    zombie67's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2010
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5,848

    Re: RNA has work and we're losing ground

    Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Were the credits worth it?
    Sure. They got me to my 1M MM. In general, RNA pays about 1.5-2x claimed.
    A state where police work is easy, is also known as a police state.


    Avatar source
    Twitter: @zombie_67



  3. #13
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    June 1st, 2011
    Location
    Terra Incognito
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: RNA has work and we're losing ground

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Sure. They got me to my 1M MM. In general, RNA pays about 1.5-2x claimed.
    Gratz on that btw!

    I wasn't exactly clear on what I was asking. You mentioned earlier in the thread that the long tasks give double credit. Is that double the normal credit of 1.5-2x for normal tasks? So is that 3-4x claimed credit for long tasks?

    Just wondering if I should take the risk on the long tasks or not when I start crunching RNA. I normally wouldn't care, but no checkpointing for 500 hours...

  4. #14
    Diamond Member
    zombie67's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2010
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5,848

    Re: RNA has work and we're losing ground

    Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Gratz on that btw!

    I wasn't exactly clear on what I was asking. You mentioned earlier in the thread that the long tasks give double credit. Is that double the normal credit of 1.5-2x for normal tasks? So is that 3-4x claimed credit for long tasks?

    Just wondering if I should take the risk on the long tasks or not when I start crunching RNA. I normally wouldn't care, but no checkpointing for 500 hours...
    Yes, the mega tasks paid 3-4x claimed. But like I said, there are no more of those mega tasks. All gone. The current tasks run from a few minutes to around 3 days max.
    A state where police work is easy, is also known as a police state.


    Avatar source
    Twitter: @zombie_67



  5. #15
    Silver Member
    krackedpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2010
    Location
    Elmira, New York, USA, Earth . . .SETI.USA member since July'09
    Posts
    135

    Re: RNA has work and we're losing ground

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yes, the mega tasks paid 3-4x claimed. But like I said, there are no more of those mega tasks. All gone. The current tasks run from a few minutes to around 3 days max.
    I am running a RNA right now, and a few hours ago it was 60%+/- done after over 50 hours. Now it is 60+hours and the figure is back down to about 7% completed, 137 to go.

    I am confused about why it went from 60% then back down to 7%. I do not have any other RNA work asked for, so it must be a Mega project.

    But why the completed slip from 60% to 7% after 50+ hours processed/crunched/etc..

    I wonder how long it will truly take. The Math makes it 35 days or so to complete the monster, instead of another 3 days or so it would have been this morning.



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •