Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNA has work and we're losing ground

Gold Member

Re: RNA has work and we're losing ground

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Not any more. Those mega-tasks are all done and out of the system.
    Were the credits worth it?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Were the credits worth it?
    Sure. They got me to my 1M MM. In general, RNA pays about 1.5-2x claimed.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Sure. They got me to my 1M MM. In general, RNA pays about 1.5-2x claimed.
    Gratz on that btw!

I wasn't exactly clear on what I was asking. You mentioned earlier in the thread that the long tasks give double credit. Is that double the normal credit of 1.5-2x for normal tasks? So is that 3-4x claimed credit for long tasks?

Just wondering if I should take the risk on the long tasks or not when I start crunching RNA. I normally wouldn't care, but no checkpointing for 500 hours...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Gratz on that btw!

I wasn't exactly clear on what I was asking. You mentioned earlier in the thread that the long tasks give double credit. Is that double the normal credit of 1.5-2x for normal tasks? So is that 3-4x claimed credit for long tasks?

Just wondering if I should take the risk on the long tasks or not when I start crunching RNA. I normally wouldn't care, but no checkpointing for 500 hours...
    Yes, the mega tasks paid 3-4x claimed. But like I said, there are no more of those mega tasks. All gone. The current tasks run from a few minutes to around 3 days max.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

krackedpress

Yes, the mega tasks paid 3-4x claimed. But like I said, there are no more of those mega tasks. All gone. The current tasks run from a few minutes to around 3 days max.
    I am running a RNA right now, and a few hours ago it was 60%+/- done after over 50 hours. Now it is 60+hours and the figure is back down to about 7% completed, 137 to go.

I am confused about why it went from 60% then back down to 7%. I do not have any other RNA work asked for, so it must be a Mega project.

But why the completed slip from 60% to 7% after 50+ hours processed/crunched/etc..

I wonder how long it will truly take. The Math makes it 35 days or so to complete the monster, instead of another 3 days or so it would have been this morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12