Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collatz Badges?

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    If it's all for the same thing then 1 Badge would be good enough, keeps the Sig's cleaner, the Asteroid should only be 1 Badge too ... IMO
    The problem with the asteroids, is that you can't tell what each element stands for. It doesn't use the universal colors that most other projects use. If you show all the badges, then you know that 4 is more than 3, for example.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Collatz Badges?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    The problem with the asteroids, is that you can't tell what each element stands for. It doesn't use the universal colors that most other projects use. If you show all the badges, then you know that 4 is more than 3, for example.
    It's the same for the GPUGrid Badge, don't really know what the Badge stands for unless you go to the Project & check it out ...

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    It's the same for the GPUGrid Badge, don't really know what the Badge stands for unless you go to the Project & check it out ...
    Exactly. But unlike GPUgrid, asteroids gives you an additional badge each notch. So you can tell if you include them all in the badge banner.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Exactly. But unlike GPUgrid, asteroids gives you an additional badge each notch. So you can tell if you include them all in the badge banner.
    I agree with Zombie...i mean...bronze, silver and gold are all obvious, but if i have an emerald badge and another guy has a ruby badge, is my badge better or worse than theirs? I have no idea unless i go look it up. Likewise they have no idea unless they go look it up, or have spent the time to memorize it all.

I don't agree with having different badges for different Collatz apps since they all do the same thing, but i wouldn't mind seeing each Collatz badge you have all displayed at the same time, the same as it is in the Free-DC signatures.
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 06-23-13 at 07:28 PM.

Silver Member

Badges !

Yeah, badges are kool !
    Last edited by DrBackJack; 06-24-13 at 12:41 AM.

Gold Member

Done. It now reports a single badge.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Advisor - Stateside Division

Updated the code at Free-DC to only display the top one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12