Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sargies Tower upgrade

Past Administrator

Re: Sargies Tower upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Newer AMD boards have XMP support - at least my ASUS Crosshair Formula (Socket AM3+) did. That board he is using is a bit dated - it's a Gigabyte so good quality probably, but it's got the 700 series chipset in it. Anything with a 900 series chipset will have XMP support. I'm sure it's a chipset issue, because when that board came out, I'll bet you couldn't even buy 1600 RAM. Or if you could, it would have been quite expensive.
    Not quite accurate there Bro. Trinity has an MSI 790FX-GD70 MB & AMD Phenom-II X6 1090T. It's running G.Skill with XMP-1600 profile. Me thinks XMP had just been accepted into the market around the time the 7xx series chipset was developed, so AMD probably reserved XMP for the Mid/High End as a marketing ploy to boost sales of higher price point boards.

Btw Jed, you should remember this hardware as it used to be yours....!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

I stand corrected and do remember the hardware - but I will agree the 790FX was top of the line chipset, so it was probably the only one that got the XMP settings like you say. If Sarge's board doesn't have it, then it probably means the 770 chipset didn't get that feature, right? AMD held it back for the top end most likely...

Silver Member

unfortunately the ram currently isn't being used to its full extent and a new motherboard is in the pipes...first post has all the info
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Swiftech is unable to sell the H220 in the USA due to legal reasons. I'm looking at the Corsair Hydro Series as a possible alternative unless someone has a better suggestion?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181035

The one I'm looking at.

Currently ordering the rest of the parts today! Excited to say the least!

Ordered:
    M5A99X EVO R2.0
    AMD FX‑8350
    GeForce Titan Graphics Card

Build date 07/30/13!!
    Chad Kroeger

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by David Kavic - TweakTown
    Shame on AseTek. They should focus on improving their products instead of going after Switech.
    I agree

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Ordered the H110 today, build date still set for 30JUL13. Pictures after the build completes
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Called last Friday to make sure the parts were in and was told they were still being shipped with a few that already arrived. Stopped by on Monday and was told the mother board was not even ordered yet, despite paying for it in advance two weeks before. Needless to say I was pissed and stopped by on the 30th to express my displeasure to the owner of the store. Mother board was ordered yesterday and should arrive in two days. Still pissed though.
    Chad Kroeger

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    Called last Friday to make sure the parts were in and was told they were still being shipped with a few that already arrived. Stopped by on Monday and was told the mother board was not even ordered yet, despite paying for it in advance two weeks before. Needless to say I was pissed and stopped by on the 30th to express my displeasure to the owner of the store. Mother board was ordered yesterday and should arrive in two days. Still pissed though.
    Sorry to hear of the hassles Sarge. I would guess that the concept of an automated inventory control system has completely eluded the stores proprietor. Sad considering that they sell PC tech.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Sorry to hear of the bum luck Sarge. But you can still get it in time to help out on the SETI WOW Challenge! What's your Zodiac sign? You use it to sign up.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Sorry to hear of the bum luck Sarge. But you can still get it in time to help out on the SETI WOW Challenge! What's your Zodiac sign? You use it to sign up.
    Just got the call that the motherboard was in today, of course they cannot help me build today and said it would be mid week next week...So, looking up install directions and seeing if I'm missing any tools and will grab the items today if I think I can do it
    Chad Kroeger

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast