Thread: McDonald's Monopoly Addict

Platinum Member

McDonald's Monopoly Addict

As a kid, i loved the monopoly board game, especially when i got to play with the adults, so when McDonald's has their Monopoly peel-and-win game around this time every year, i go a bit overboard. I know eating 4 large fries in a day is asking for problems, but i gotta win! ...though i've never won anything of decent value. That just means i'm overdue, right?

I was upset this morning when i ordered 3 extra hashbrowns to go with my McMuffin meal, and they didn't have any game stickers on them like they were supposed to. I also get upset when the McD's website limits you to entering 10 game pieces/day for the 2nd chance prizes. Should definitely be more than that...

Anyway, does anyone else out there go overboard with this, or any food-based contests?

Diamond Member

Re: McDonald's Monopoly Addict

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    As a kid, i loved the monopoly board game, especially when i got to play with the adults, so when McDonald's has their Monopoly peel-and-win game around this time every year, i go a bit overboard. I know eating 4 large fries in a day is asking for problems, but i gotta win! ...though i've never won anything of decent value. That just means i'm overdue, right?

I was upset this morning when i ordered 3 extra hashbrowns to go with my McMuffin meal, and they didn't have any game stickers on them like they were supposed to. I also get upset when the McD's website limits you to entering 10 game pieces/day for the 2nd chance prizes. Should definitely be more than that...

Anyway, does anyone else out there go overboard with this, or any food-based contests?
    There we are, eating fries.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Administrator

Nope sorry. Micke D's is on my "Stomach Can't Take This Restaurant" list along with Burger King and Jack In The Box. Wendy's is so so. Anyhoot, I've never paid attention to any food chain's "Eat to Win" promos. Same for any of those coupons and such found on food products like cereal boxes.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    There we are, eating fries.
    The parent's of those two boys should be drawn and quartered....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    The parent's of those two boys should be drawn and quartered....
    Wow. That is a lifetime of health problems ... all starting before the age of ???

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Wow. That is a lifetime of health problems ... all starting before the age of ???
    I have some memory problems but I should have 18 and JPM about 19 now.

The biggest of mine sins is gluttony. I cant never eat enough instead of my thin ancestors on the NAZI camps. That God have them in good place.

rabbi_royi_flescher.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg
    Eating Duke

Gold Member

Normally, we don't eat at Mac & Dons but we did this a.m. on our way back from Nebraska. I was pissed because the fries didn't have the pull offs on them but were an ad saying that it was coming. Yet the drinks had the pull-offs so we knew it had started. ...just one more reason to stick with Culver's.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Normally, we don't eat at Mac & Dons but we did this a.m. on our way back from Nebraska. I was pissed because the fries didn't have the pull offs on them but were an ad saying that it was coming. Yet the drinks had the pull-offs so we knew it had started. ...just one more reason to stick with Culver's.

Fries with ketchup now I have to eat some ...

Silver Member

I don't go too overboard on these anymore(although used to when they would give the 2 free pieces in the sunday newspaper). There is a newspaper recycling place near my parents' house. As long as they take the corner off of the paper the company can get reimbursed for the papers not sold. They then just throw the rest of the papers in a big cube similar to an intermodal semi-trailer. So you could just go in and grab the game boards with the free pieces. This usually net'd 4-5 sets of game pieces of course with no actual winners and 10-15 of each of the free items.

I have never known anyone to actually win anything other than the free items so I stopped caring. It'd be different if they picked not to crazy things to win and there were a LOT more chances to actually win. I love the 1 in 4 wins note that they put everywhere. That means you just win one of the free items that brings you right back to buy more food LOL.

Even though I don't go too crazy, I too get a bit upset when you buy one of the items that should have game pieces on it and it does not. Makes you want to ask for another container of some sort that does have the pieces to equal out.