Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: PrimeGrid Primes

Platinum Member

Re: PrimeGrid Primes

Wow, that's awesome.

Diamond Member

Found another. This one is big enough to be added to the top 5000 list, but not quite large enough to be a mega-prime.

Dear Primefinder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique prime number. This computer is running BOINC, is attached to the PrimeGrid project, and is assigned to the Proth Prime Search. What makes this prime unique is that it's large enough to enter the Top 5000 List in Chris Caldwell's The Largest Known Primes Database.

Since you have auto-reporting selected, the following prime was submitted on your behalf:

Added 131091 : 1181*2^2883981+1 (868168 digits)

This prime was found on this workunit which will automatically show as a prime result after verification by the Largest Known Primes Database.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

That a nice find Z.

Diamond Member

And another. This one is big enough to be added to the top 5000 list, but not quite large enough to be a mega-prime.

Dear Primefinder,

Congratulations! Our records indicate that a computer registered by you has found a unique prime number. This computer is running BOINC, is attached to the PrimeGrid project, and is assigned to the Proth Prime Search. What makes this prime unique is that it's large enough to enter the Top 5000 List in Chris Caldwell's The Largest Known Primes Database.

Since you have auto-reporting selected, the following prime was submitted on your behalf:

Added 131093 : 1071*2^2884844+1 (868428 digits)

This prime was found on this workunit which will automatically show as a prime result after verification by the Largest Known Primes Database.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will surely resolve any problems.

Once again, congratulations on your find! Thank you for participating in PrimeGrid.

PrimeGrid staff

Gold Member

Have you tried Prime95? There’s even a GPU client to search for mersenne prime numbers.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    Have you tried Prime95? There’s even a GPU client to search for mersenne prime numbers.
    I have not tried that. But I like keeping it within BOINC if possible, so all the credits show up in one place.

Silver Member

Woah, Zombie is killing it on the primes, congrats, sir.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    Woah, Zombie is killing it on the primes, congrats, sir.
    Danka. It's kinda like the lottery. Odds say you won't win. Duh. But if you don't participate, then you can't win ever. IOW, you have to play to have a chance. Also, zero resource share to have even a chance.

Platinum Member

Congrats Z.

Diamond Member

Two PPSE LLR primes found! Honestly, I was just playing around with the settings in preparation for the PPSE challenge, and bang bang...two primes. Not mega, but large enough to be in the top 5000 list.

Dear Primefinder,

Added 131106 : 7479*2^1585889+1 (477405 digits)

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will surely resolve any problems.

Once again, congratulations on your find! Thank you for participating in PrimeGrid.

PrimeGrid staff
    Dear Primefinder,

Added 131114 : 7575*2^1587296+1 (477828 digits)

PrimeGrid staff

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast