Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BitCoin Utopia: Heads up!

Diamond Member

BitCoin Utopia: Heads up!

First off, I think the RSS feed was broken when they changed their URL. Fix please?

Second: They injected some new kind of tasks:

http://www.bitcoinutopia.com/forum_thread.php?id=109

Message 368 - Posted: 28 Jul 2013, 15:04:04 UTC
    Last modified: 28 Jul 2013, 15:05:01 UTC
    Hi!

Now I have made some workunits for terracoin mining. You'll distuinguish the terracoin workunits from bitcoin workunits by the letters TRC in the workunit name "wu_TRC_V5_100_"...

PS. Here you can see the hashrate and terracoins mined for Vault #5: http://p2pool.org/trcstats.php?addre...fRfzJCXi7mqkBS

Henri.
    The problem: They take 4-6 times as long to run, but pay the same as the normal tasks. So if you are concerned about credits, this is a problem. Also, these TRC tasks use the same app, so you can't avoid them via app selection.

I am trying hard to be the first to 100M, so I can't just stay away until this gets resolved. But if you are not worried about things like that, and you are worried about credits, then stay away for now.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Re: BitCoin Utopia: Heads up!

Thanks for the update- I updated my drivers yesterday and made a minor hardware change, then noticed WU times went up 6x! I thought I'd really screwed something up-

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    First off, I think the RSS feed was broken when they changed their URL. Fix please?
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    ....Second: They injected some new kind of tasks:

http://www.bitcoinutopia.com/forum_thread.php?id=109

The problem: They take 4-6 times as long to run, but pay the same as the normal tasks. So if you are concerned about credits, this is a problem. Also, these TRC tasks use the same app, so you can't avoid them via app selection.

I am trying hard to be the first to 100M, so I can't just stay away until this gets resolved. But if you are not worried about things like that, and you are worried about credits, then stay away for now.
    Thx for the info Z.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I'm going to finish out my 5 million on some 20 Share work units and roll off until they figure this out. I had one WU go almost 13 hours last night; most are taking 90 to 180 minutes where they used to be 20 to 30.

Administrator

I would have liked to have gotten to 10 million, but I'm backing off for now. Thanks Z for the heads up on the change, I thought it was looking a little strange.

Platinum Member

And of course, at this point, I can't get the home.php to pull up to edit my profile. Even the Message boards produce just a blank screen in Firefox and an error in IE 9.

Friend of SETI.USA

I'm still having problem with the Wu's taking to long to run, had a 20 Unit running over 7 Min's & still running so I Aborted it, suspended Project for now ...

Diamond Member

This project has the same old problem that the other bitcoin project had, where some tasks will drop to zero GPU load, and then run forever. I use BOINCtasks to suspend any tasks over x minutes.

Friend of SETI.USA

The GPU shows between 96% & 99% Usage but the Wu's run Forever ... What ATI Driver are you using, I think I'm still running 12.10 but not sure ... I'll try your Driver Version tomorrow if different than mine & see what happens ...

Diamond Member

I'm using the latest non beta.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast