Thread: CPID - be patient?

Gold Member

CPID - be patient?

Last week I took on a few new projects, just to test the waters and see which hardware was best suited for which project. For instance Radeon 5800s were junk for me on SETI, but rock on Collatz and Poem.

Anyway I took on a few projects with the same username/password, but have different CPIDs so my stats are scattered. Everything I've read just says to be patient, and I've not seen a way to manually apply one CPID to all accounts. How long should it take? Also, do I rejoin SETI.USA on a per-project basis, or does my CPID take care of that?

Much appreciated

Vic
    Last edited by cineon_lut; 09-24-13 at 03:07 AM. Reason: specifics on cross project

Diamond Member

Re: CPID - be patient?

Crunch one task for each project you belong to, on the same machine. Within 48 hours of returning the last task, all the stats sites should have you under a single CPID.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Thanks. I was splitting up rigs based on performance per project. I'll pick one and put all projects on it to get everything in sync.

Gold Member

One last noob question on this topic...will the team association follow with that CPID, or do I re-join SETI.USA for each project?

Many thanks
    Vic

Diamond Member

You set team at each project. Nothing to do with CPID. No team info will change because of this exercise.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

You will have to rejoin the team on every project as other options like nationality for example editing each project page.

You are always welcome Vic.

Ric
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    You will have to rejoin the team on every project as other options like nationality for example editing each project page.

You are always welcome Vic.

Ric
    Unless you are Kevint and your wife mandates that you crunch 50% of the projects for her home country's team. Sure do miss him on the boards.... The moral of the story is that if you really feel the need, you CAN be on two teams at once, as the team is project by project. Every once in a while our team joins forces with another team or teams to crunch on a specific project and we can do that by changing the team on just that project.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Thanks for the tips. That's good to know about team challenges. On the last challenge for the WOW signal, I thought I was helping the team, but I never actually registered for the challenge :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free