Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATI Gflops (in works)

Gold Member

Re: ATI Gflops (in works)

I make stickies every day!

Past Administrator

heres what my ATI 6970 says according to BOINC:
    1/9/2012 9:57:14 PM | | ATI GPU 0: AMD Radeon HD 6900 series (Cayman) (CAL version 1.4.1646, 2048MB, 2016MB available, 7296 GFLOPS peak)

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank_Master View Post
    heres what my ATI 6970 says according to BOINC:
    1/9/2012 9:57:14 PM | | ATI GPU 0: AMD Radeon HD 6900 series (Cayman) (CAL version 1.4.1646, 2048MB, 2016MB available, 7296 GFLOPS peak)
    Bah! Come back when you can tell us what that 7970 of yours says!

Past Administrator

Oh I will, that's just for, uh, comparison sakes.....

Past Administrator

oh, I should mention, that above speed for my 6970 was with the GPU clocked at 950MHz

Here's my 7970 clocked at 1150 (with room to grow I believe):
    1/14/2012 12:49:50 PM | | ATI GPU 0: ATI unknown (CAL version 1.4.1658, 3072MB, 3033MB available, 11551 GFLOPS peak)

Boinc 7.0.9 and higher will properly identify the 7970, earlier versions will show "unknown"

krazy k

Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CN2m_bUH

I just wanted this up for ref. It is unfinished but might save someone some time looking for something.

Is there a list anywhere that roughly pairs the card with points? As long as the project is consistent conclusions can be drawn between different cards.

I'm on a budget now (mortgage) and I'm losing points to a guy that I don't want to lose to, so I need to part together another system with a couple highly cost-effective GPUs.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by krazy k View Post
    Is there a list anywhere that roughly pairs the card with points? ... need to part together another system with a couple highly cost-effective GPUs.
    Hi Krazy K, is there a specific project you want to run? I think some of us could give you a good direction to look at if we knew what project (or projects) you like to hit hard with the GPU.

krazy k

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Hi Krazy K, is there a specific project you want to run? I think some of us could give you a good direction to look at if we knew what project (or projects) you like to hit hard with the GPU.
    Out of nowhere the guy behind me in Dirt has put up 22M in the last 28 days and with everything that I can to hold on to my Einstein lead he still has me by 400-500k ppd. I'm running a 470 on that along with some CPUs. After Dirt I would like to finish my badges and PG and then work on my GPUgrid badge.

Past Administrator

OK - DiRT you are going to want either a 7970 (or similar ATI card) or NVidia side - GTX 570, etc... I think I would personally skip the 600 series because they are more expensive but don't really crunch any better. Do you have a target budget in mind?

krazy k

I'm first going to see what I can dig out of my bins that still works and can work together. I'll probably need to put a few bucks into it to get something running. After that we'll see how much I can get for a kidney and then whatever is left over will go to student loans. On the walk down to the hospital the change I pick up will go to pay for food, but I should be able to donate blood to pay the electric bill. If I can make it to Mexico I might be able to bring back some pottery that I could sell for cash for GPUs for this project.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast