Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: calculating credit

Platinum Member

Re: calculating credit

Sorry Slicker, but I am still running a PIII system. Albeit it a Dual 1.3Ghz one, but PIII all the same.

Starting to have problems finding projects to attach it to though. Most of the projects I want to run are using capabilities that don't exist in a PIII in their default App. Like SSE, etc..

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    . . .the masses will revolt at some point -- unless they are the same masses that keep voting for the same politicians who make the same false promises every couple years.
    VERY good point. But seeing how I lack even a vote in the process of how BOINC awards credits, how do you suggest we revolt - without completely leaving the hobby? This is not a rhetorical question. Perhaps one answer is: to crunch only those projects that refuse to use Credit New or other similar Shenanigans? Any other good ideas for us to try?

I see issues where new crunchers get discouraged when seeing the numbers that old school crunchers have. Ya you can throw money at video cards but someone new will never be able to post stats at our level. It could hurt the over all growth in the end.
    Last edited by Clank [MM]; 10-03-13 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Sorry Slicker, but I am still running a PIII system. Albeit it a Dual 1.3Ghz one, but PIII all the same.

Starting to have problems finding projects to attach it to though. Most of the projects I want to run are using capabilities that don't exist in a PIII in their default App. Like SSE, etc..
    Now I understand how you were cranking out the credits at Pirates........

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    VERY good point. But seeing how I lack even a vote in the process of how BOINC awards credits, how do you suggest we revolt - without completely leaving the hobby? This is not a rhetorical question. Perhaps one answer is: to crunch only those projects that refuse to use Credit New or other similar Shenanigans? Any other good ideas for us to try?
    No, there are always enough idiots willing to crunch whatever is out there. I've seen multiple projects where the crunchers complain about low credits. Then there is the group that comes along saying it is okay and they are in it for the science not the credits (I guess that makes them superior somehow). So in the end, projects like Constellation and CAS continue to pay crap with respect to other projects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12