Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home

Platinum Member

Question Folding@Home

I remember we talked about it a little on the old board and at the time the interest by our team was scarce at best. Was not sure if anyone else on the team still was doing it much at all anymore, as a team we are way down in the 500's. My contribution dropped a great deal once they stopped using PS3's for crunching. I am back to just one machine at a very light setting as to not affect BOINC credits much.

So, is anyone else still Folding@Home?

Diamond Member

Re: Folding@Home

I ran a few tasks when my TITAN arrived. I wanted to try out the new app.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Unfortunately I don't really have any resources to spare since I'm trying to help as much as I can with BOINC projects for the team challenges we enter. What I can't figure out, is this: since programmers have been able to make a wrapper for so many other projects out there, and distribute the WUs and credits to BOINC clients, then why cannot they do the same for Folding@Home? Seems to me it would be somewhat the same as they've already done for other projects. What would make this one different?

Gold Member

If I remember correctly Boinc was offered to FAH and theey said NO! They preferred to run the show themselves. I ran FAH after Boinc took over SETI but I haven't run it for a long time now. I tried o get into my old account but couldn't. I will have to do some investigating.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

There are too many project within BOINC, I can't go chasing after everyone with a project. If they can't bother with Boinc I don't bother with them.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fogle View Post
    There are too many project within BOINC, I can't go chasing after everyone with a project. If they can't bother with Boinc I don't bother with them.
    ++1

Those are my feelings as well. It's also easier to keep track of my credits when they're all in one place.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Platinum Member

F@H has an option to crunch through your browser window. So since I am unable to have BOINC on my office machine anymore, I am back to crunching F@H for our team.

Platinum Member

Gradually moving us up though my one office machine set on high 24/7. Wish I could put BOINC on it, but no such luck anymore.

Silver Member

Curiosity made me look at the Folding@home web site since I once upon a time crunched the project. Found a seti.usa team listing with some familiar names, but the homepage link to setiusa.net doesn't look familiar. Is there another seti.usa team? https://folding.stanford.edu/stats/team/51524

Administrator

That is a link to the "old" SUSA website that was owned by BJ21 - one of the original team founders.

We change to this website in Oct 2010.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast