Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible new main board thread?

GregK

Re: Possible new main board thread?

id say we all way overblew the issue previousely about access/denial. i dont think it should be an issue. its not like to often itll be brought up to cut someone so to speak. so it could be dealt with case to case.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I'd also include known friends there.
    I see what you are getting at, but that is ambiguous and doesn't meet requirement that the criteria be fairly and objectively applied. Known friends are not members of the team per our Free-dc definition. Also why would they want to be involved in our internal workings? If they are that interested they should join back up as a full member!

GregK

agreed mrhankey. it should be that simple.

Cappy

i would also include semi dressed women with pic's ????

it all sounds good to me,, but hay who am I

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    i would also include semi dressed women with pic's ????

it all sounds good to me,, but hay who am I
    I'd go for that, but I don't think Possum would, unless she wants to post some of her male supermodel friends. I'd have to skip over those, but it would be fair.

Seriously, I would like to see a members only place also. It would have to be fair. I also agree, that although we still have contact with Xmembers, if they want to be part, they need to join! I would like nothing better than to see some of them back.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

+1 for Mr. Hankey.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

+2 for Mr. Hankey.
    It should be that simple. Let's be real - it's not an offense to anyone. Either you have SETI.USA listed as your team, or you don't. There is nothing keeping anyone on the planet from joining and having full rights and privileges that come with 100% commitment.

I agree, there are a small handful that are so good to us, they're "almost" members...but if they feel slighted by this at all, my answer to them (and you know who you are guys, we love you!) is...JOIN US!...please?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Hey, I am always around I average 1.72 posts / day how could you miss me?! If I am not posting I am probably fighting off spammers, adding new RSS feeds, checking out new features or working on things like trying to finally get our domain transferred. And funny you should mention this topic about having a team only forum area as we have recently been discussing this admin side since we know this has been a desire of the team.

So... this seems like a good as place as any to propose to you what we had in mind.

First the problem statement: Who gets access, by what criteria, and what happens when someone doesn't meet that criteria anymore once they are "in"? Also this access criteria needs to be applied fairly and the same be you a big stoner or small. Lastly the overhead of applying said criteria and maintaining access cannot consume all of the admin time allocated to the board.

So, what has been clanging around inside our diabolical pea sized admin skulls regarding this topic?

1. Setup a team only forum area: keep the number of boards in that area fairly small like say two : Team Strategy, Project Strategy so private team info goes in the team area and private project info goes in the project area. The thought here is to not have a lot of duplicate posts, if it doesn't need to be in private area then post it out in the correct area in the public forum.

2. Access is granted by request (moderation): I think we can setup additional members that can help with this process to review and approve access.

3. The criteria: K.I.S.S - the one stop record of truth shall be free-dc:
    Who is a member of SETI.USA?. When someone requests access to the forum they provide their CPID and that is what is used to determine their status. Can people defeat our state of the art security measures and gain access? yea... but so what, think of it as going from totally open to semi-private.

Discuss please.
    I for one like this. As I've stated before, I volunteer to help out with such things.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Harley

+3 for Mr. Hankey.

Teratoma

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Tera hasn't been around since 1969. It's true, just look him up in the member list.
    T section of member list.
    I think you need to refresh that page...it shows the right date for me!

I am here more than you may think, but my involvement has been restricted due to RL & my work schedule.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast