Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other shooters on here?

Past Administrator

Re: Any other shooters on here?

Nice, Duke! heh...what caliber do those puppies shoot? 8 pound shot?

Yeah, I don't get to go near as often as when we lived in Alaska. That was only my second time to the range all year. If I keep this up I'll get rusty, and I can't let that happen so that means I need to go again soon!

Diamond Member

Alaska is one of the best places to crunch, women don't argue about the GPU heat.

About those anti-alien weapons they shoot from nails to any kind of metal waste.

I will defend my country against those aliens like Christine Lagarde that is talking about the Portuguese Constitutional Court, I just don't understand why she never speaks about the the French one, the bloody beach. You can shoot now ...

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Have any of you heard of Swift Bullet Company? The make big game loads, mostly for the big five, but they are moving into other areas. If you have ever hunted the big five you have probably shot Swift bullets. They are making a lot of stuff for the police now. Any way their main building is located a block from my house. They have an underground range for their R&D in the building. Their head ballistics guy is on the city council with me. The amount of crap he knows about bullets is crazy. It is fun to watch them shot the R&D rounds sometimes. They are a little touchy about letting people in for that though, some stuff they don't want stolen. I think I could get a copy of the Swift Company Reloading Manual CD if any of you that want one.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Past Administrator

Man, Shiva, that sounds awesome! What a cool company. I bought some of their .338 rounds - at least one box I remember, I think it was 250 gr. weight. I gave that cannon to my brother who's still in Alaska, since there was nothing in California I needed a .338 for! haha

Gold Member

I've never really been into pistols. I've fired a few (.22, 9mm, .38) but I never got the urge to buy one. I've always stuck with rifles and shotguns since I enjoy hunting more than target shooting.

The first time I went deer hunting, I was loaned a Remington 870 12 guage with 3" slugs. I'd learned to shoot using my grandfather's 1903 Springfield .306 (now mine along with the reloader) so I figured it couldn't have that much more kick. Was I wrong! While the deer dropped (made a canoe out of its skull with the slug) I also fell off the tree stump since I wasn't ready for that much kick (which also explains why it hit the deer in the head instead of the chest). While I have my own 870 with a rifled slug barrel now, after a dozen shots sighting it in, my shoulder is black and blue. So, I started using my muzzleloader instead. It's .50 cal and with 100 grains of powder instead of the 150 max, it doesn't kick like a mule and is quite accurate out to 150 yards. It's more challenging too since I only get one shot. Unfortunately, I only get to use my big "smoke poles" in Northern WI or out in NE as IL is shotgun/muzzleloader only.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I've never really been into pistols. I've fired a few (.22, 9mm, .38) but I never got the urge to buy one. I've always stuck with rifles and shotguns since I enjoy hunting more than target shooting.

The first time I went deer hunting, I was loaned a Remington 870 12 guage with 3" slugs. I'd learned to shoot using my grandfather's 1903 Springfield .306 (now mine along with the reloader) so I figured it couldn't have that much more kick. Was I wrong! While the deer dropped (made a canoe out of its skull with the slug) I also fell off the tree stump since I wasn't ready for that much kick (which also explains why it hit the deer in the head instead of the chest). While I have my own 870 with a rifled slug barrel now, after a dozen shots sighting it in, my shoulder is black and blue. So, I started using my muzzleloader instead. It's .50 cal and with 100 grains of powder instead of the 150 max, it doesn't kick like a mule and is quite accurate out to 150 yards. It's more challenging too since I only get one shot. Unfortunately, I only get to use my big "smoke poles" in Northern WI or out in NE as IL is shotgun/muzzleloader only.
    Well any time you want to use the "big smoke poles" come on out to western Ks. We use them things and I can probably get some farmers to put you up as long as you are going to kill a deer.

Diamond Member

I like an old gun the Smith & Wesson Schofield, the 45 of course.

Smith_&_Wesson_Schofield_Model_3_with_a_nickel_finish_-_.45_Schofield.jpg

Gold Member

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    Those guys really know how to push my buttons. If we could ever know the honest truth behind that closure, you could bet some serious money it didn't have anything to do with "the environment".

Diamond Member

My favorite is
    mauser.jpg

click to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast