Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plagirism@Home: new non-CPU project

Diamond Member

Plagirism@Home: new non-CPU project

http://plagiarism.boincpolska.org/plagiarism/

Looking for some "free" credits? Attach to this project. It is non-CPU, so it can be run in addition to your other tasks, like wuprop.

The project has started exporting stats, and there are apps for windows and linux.

It is still working out the bugs, so tasks frequently crash. But so what? It's non-CPU, so you aren't losing out on your other projects.

SETI.USA is in 2nd place, and we need some help.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Re: Plagirism@Home: new non-CPU project

Interesting concept. Joined.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    http://plagiarism.boincpolska.org/plagiarism/

Looking for some "free" credits? Attach to this project. It is non-CPU, so it can be run in addition to your other tasks, like wuprop.

The project has started exporting stats, and there are apps for windows and linux.

It is still working out the bugs, so tasks frequently crash. But so what? It's non-CPU, so you aren't losing out on your other projects.

SETI.USA is in 2nd place, and we need some help.
    Interesting. By non-cpu, what does it do? It doesn't look like a GPU project. We have 10 members on there, I may throw a box or two on and see what comes out of it.

Administrator

It is a misnomer but somewhat of an accurate description. Task like this one and WuProp etc are NCI (non computer intensive). They require very little CPU usage to do their thing. Things like the Quake Catcher monitoring programs are also in the category. You can run all you can get and it doesn't affect your crunching output.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Interesting. By non-cpu, what does it do? It doesn't look like a GPU project. We have 10 members on there, I may throw a box or two on and see what comes out of it.
    This leads me to believe you aren't running wuprop either. You should be. Everyone on the team should be too. Free credits for you and the team!

http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/

Gold Member

It's still need stable internet connection to work as it constantly downloads web site's and compare it with test document attached to WU.
    That's called "google" and someone already invented it.

I do find the project intriguing but I hope the intent is to let the people know where the quote came from and not to just be a quick way for lawyers to sue people all over the world for plagiarism. What they intend to do if the project works is not clear. Until it is, I won't contribute.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 1.00.35 PM-2.jpg

That must be the answer! This is the exact banner ad I'm seeing in this thread. Grammarly must be the one benefiting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member

11/1/2013 7:13:12 PM | Plagiarism@Home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
    11/1/2013 7:13:12 PM | Plagiarism@Home | Requesting new tasks for CPU
    11/1/2013 7:13:13 PM | Plagiarism@Home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
    11/1/2013 7:13:13 PM | Plagiarism@Home | No tasks sent
    11/1/2013 7:13:13 PM | Plagiarism@Home | Project has no tasks available

That didn't last long.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Diamond Member

It comes and goes throughout the day. Just stay attached, and earn free credits.

Past Administrator

Okay I created a sub-forum for this project, moved this thread to it and added the RSS feed.

Oh and I'll be attaching to this project as my ISP, Comcast, has suspended their monthly Data Cap. At least they have for my families account according to the notice posted in the account details page.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast