Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plagirism@Home: new non-CPU project

Past Admin

Re: Plagirism@Home: new non-CPU project

Signed up as well.

And since itīs a NCI project, migth as well add it to the sonīs pc as well....
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Gold Member

I'm on wu prop now. Pays like 7 creds for 10000 seconds. Oh well it's nci.

Vic (mobile)

Past Admin

Just a heads up....

I just had on WU running for 3.5 Hours as I was out of the house. After the 3.5 Hours it has completed 0.0%.

EDIT: So that 3.5 hours costed the team around 200 Credits on the project
    Last edited by Beerdrinker; 11-03-13 at 12:58 PM.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Just a heads up....

I just had on WU running for 3.5 Hours as I was out of the house. After the 3.5 Hours it has completed 0.0%.

EDIT: So that 3.5 hours costed the team around 200 Credits on the project
    Naw. It didn't cost you or us anything. Running a non-CPU project is not "in place of" credits from another project that you could theoretically be running instead. That kind of thinking applies only to CPU and GPU projects. There is no possible loss of credits by running non-CPU projects. Only up-side. You are getting all the CPU and GPU credits on all those other projects just like normal, PLUS maybe credits from any number of non-CPU projects.

Also, I have noticed that the run time displayed by BOINC for these plagiarism tasks is not yet accurate. For example, several days ago, I saw several tasks that each showed over 24 hours running. I know for a fact that they could not have been running that long, since I have aborted all tasks just 6 hours earlier. So I would ignore the information displayed by BOINC manager for this project for now.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Naw. It didn't cost you or us anything. Running a non-CPU project is not "in place of" credits from another project that you could theoretically be running instead. That kind of thinking applies only to CPU and GPU projects. There is no possible loss of credits by running non-CPU projects. Only up-side. You are getting all the CPU and GPU credits on all those other projects just like normal, PLUS maybe credits from any number of non-CPU projects.

Also, I have noticed that the run time displayed by BOINC for these plagiarism tasks is not yet accurate. For example, several days ago, I saw several tasks that each showed over 24 hours running. I know for a fact that they could not have been running that long, since I have aborted all tasks just 6 hours earlier. So I would ignore the information displayed by BOINC manager for this project for now.

I will hand it to you. In ligth of that angle, itīs a whole new mind set I need to use...

Gold Member

this is a set it and forget it project. just sign up and let it go, there is almost nothing you can do other than sign all your boxes up for it. it is the same with freehal which is not running now, I hope it comes back. I have over 11 million credits in freehal and have never done a thing for them except attach my boxes. WUProp is the same just attach and forget it. you don't get a lot of credit with it but hear again I have over 700K in the project. Just think what kind of increase it would be if we could get every member to run these, if they just got 500 credits a day it would add up.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    this is a set it and forget it project. just sign up and let it go, there is almost nothing you can do other than sign all your boxes up for it. it is the same with freehal which is not running now, I hope it comes back. I have over 11 million credits in freehal and have never done a thing for them except attach my boxes. WUProp is the same just attach and forget it. you don't get a lot of credit with it but hear again I have over 700K in the project. Just think what kind of increase it would be if we could get every member to run these, if they just got 500 credits a day it would add up.
    ^^^ What he said.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    I'm on wu prop now. Pays like 7 creds for 10000 seconds. Oh well it's nci.

Vic (mobile)
    Don't forget to add WuProp to your Android phone as well.

Robert7

This project is a good way to block your own IP! Attention, mass web crawling. It was already described in the service of network security.

It all was. Do you remember ANANSI?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12