Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Could use some help for these team MegaMilestones: Jan 2011

Silver Member

Re: Could use some help for these team MegaMilestones: Jan 2011

Aqua flows over 1 BILLION!! We are in sole procession of #1 on this Team MM plateau. SG and 2ch are tied for 2nd with LAF wallowing in 4th place.

Three Team MM's in three days. I'll see if I can make it 4 in 4 days with CAS@Home.

Remember two things at least. These Team MM's are only marginally important compared to or relative to being #1 in total credits and RAC. The other thing is the goal of this project was to improve the Team MM positions a bit for appearance and any bragging rights (and to be a thorn in other team's sides) but more importantly not let a MM be needlessly missed for lack of a little attention to a stalled or neglected project (No more GeneticLife's).

Once all goals in this post are met the next installment of this team MM project will have to involve longer term efforts from other team members to improve our Team MM positions.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJCaNS View Post
    Aqua flows over 1 BILLION!! We are in sole procession of #1 on this Team MM plateau. SG and 2ch are tied for 2nd with LAF wallowing in 4th place.

Three Team MM's in three days. I'll see if I can make it 4 in 4 days with CAS@Home.

Remember two things at least. These Team MM's are only marginally important compared to or relative to being #1 in total credits and RAC. The other thing is the goal of this project was to improve the Team MM positions a bit for appearance and any bragging rights (and to be a thorn in other team's sides) but more importantly not let a MM be needlessly missed for lack of a little attention to a stalled or neglected project (No more GeneticLife's).

Once all goals in this post are met the next installment of this team MM project will have to involve longer term efforts from other team members to improve our Team MM positions.
    Update: CAS@Home is over 1 million so it was four Team MM in four consecutive days. The vacuum created by this flurry of activity apparently sucked AlmereGrid into the 1 million credit column today also. Nice work team.

I'll see if I can do something that shows the changes over the last 2-3 months from this focus.

Look to the Team Top Ten MM post in this same forum to see if you can help with beefing up another Team MM category. If that's what floats your boat.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I've got to say SZTAKI feels like a float trip I had in Texas once. The wind was blowing us upstream. When the water was actually moving forward it was too shallow to float across. We were either rowing or carrying the canoe just to move forward. That's what SZTAKI feels like, twice the work for half the gain.
    Lolol. Well said, I have been on it for nearly 18 months for the most part, and still only 60k.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Lolol. Well said, I have been on it for nearly 18 months for the most part, and still only 60k.
    Well, there was a bit of a ramp up. I'm doing ok, now, though.
    6r39 7r199

Platinum Member

Well, we did it. The team now has 10 Mil in MalariaControl.

Movin' on. Nothing left to see here.

Anybody interested in a 25 Mil push on YoYo? I'll throw in 1.5 Mil on it starting in about a week or two. If we vote Maxwell into making it another 1 Mil target for him, that leaves less than 2 mil for the rest of the team to throw in.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post

Anybody interested in a 25 Mil push on YoYo? I'll throw in 1.5 Mil on it starting in about a week or two. If we vote Maxwell into making it another 1 Mil target for him, that leaves less than 2 mil for the rest of the team to throw in.
    Nice work, Mumps! And Yoyo is my next 1M target, but I'm only 11k away from it. Should be there soon...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post

Nice work BlackOps and Mumps. I noticed the climb and appreciate the focused effort to knock down another Team MM and make sure a project doesn't lag just short of a MM. I assume BlackOps will hang around long enough to reach 1 million and knock that Z guy down to 3rd place on the team.
    Personally I'm not sure what's next. Since the team needs over all points I was thinking AndrOINC for me and aiding with pushing it to 50 million. Otherwise I was thinking either Sztaki for maybe a team top ten and pushing it closer to the 5 million level. The other contender would be Chess960 to get it to 1 million. Maybe that would be a good kick hit for BlackOps?
    But seriously, we're going to have to focus on overall/maximum points but that's for a different post.

Anyways, thanks again for the 10 million on MC.

Platinum Member

So, Chess isn't really an option, since they are not accepting new accounts (if they are, someone people tell me how I can get one). Sudoku would be a good one, since the team is under 1M there and they have steady work at the moment. I have one machine there since (for some odd reason I'm too lazy to diagnose) it refuses to get work via the proxy server. RNA might also work to push it over 2.5M...

Diamond Member

Yeah, I have an account on Chess. I am working it as much as possible. In addition to being closed for new accounts, there is also very limited work. I'll get us to at least 1M.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Yeah, I have an account on Chess. I am working it as much as possible. In addition to being closed for new accounts, there is also very limited work. I'll get us to at least 1M.
    HEY, don't forget about me.
    I'm in for the push for the team's 1M and probably beyond.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast