Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirates

Gold Member

Pirates

I received 37 wu's from Pirates@home today. It's to bad that 15 of them were error on download. but still got 21 good ones. I don't know how many of you have ran this it is a slow project. I think I have about 10,000 credits in about 10 years.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Gold Member

Re: Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    I received 37 wu's from Pirates@home today. It's to bad that 15 of them were error on download. but still got 21 good ones. I don't know how many of you have ran this it is a slow project. I think I have about 10,000 credits in about 10 years.
    That's kind of how I am with EDGI Demo. They always seem to release about 5 minutes of work around 3 am Central, usually too late/early for me to notice and shut everything else off. Lately they've just been sending out Virtualbox work that pretty much just crashes.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

I tried tonight, got one work unit that ran for 54 seconds and was done. No more has come in.
    What is that like 1 credit ? hehe
    So the next "talk like a pirate day" is in another year is what I hear ?

Silver Member

They're still kicking out Wu's. And like me, they are done in a minute. Boarding parties away!!!

Silver Member

Pirates is one of those projects were power isn't the important factor. It's sheer number of computers since the project limits how many and how often you can get a work unit. It also doesn't impact any other projects your are running since each Pirate WU lasts only a minute and you can only get 1 WU per core each hour. Point is everyone should add the project to their crunchers by going to Add Project and entering http://pirates.spy-hill.net/. Do it now or be a scurvy land lubber. NOTE: we're running #2 to SG. Let's see if we can keep pace and reach 490K points this year.

Silver Member

Ok, how do I get attached to that, as it's been years since I was on that and I can't find it in my list of projects I can attach to...

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Silver Member

Hi Geo !.

When you go to tools then add project, then next, it's not on the list there to select.
    Bottom of that screen where it says "Project URL" erase what is there and add this:
    http://pirates.spy-hill.net/
    then click next and it will attach.
    Last edited by DrBackJack; 09-21-13 at 08:30 PM.

Gold Member

all you can do is attach and wait. I have been getting work now for 4 days and mostly keep my machines full. the biggest problem I'm having is error's, 273 have error while downloading. wish I knew what was causing that.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

I think I've had a few of those too but suspect it's more on an older PC than new ones. My problem is more how long it takes to get Wu's to do. Seems like 2 hours: Get WU's, complete in a minute but waits an hour to upload, then waits an hour to download another set. Trick I've used is to upload them right a way manually, then I get new ones the next hour and then manually upload them again. I bit time consuming but I can do this a couple of times a day to get extra WU's. Which I could use the 64 core setup and grab a bunch at once. Definitely one of those tortoise projects and hurry up and wait.

Platinum Member

Noticed awhile ago they finally exported a stats update. Now if i could just hit that 1k MM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast