Thread: WCG: Beta work available

Diamond Member

WCG: Beta work available

I'm getting tons of it right now.

Edit:

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...d_thread,36175

In a few minutes, we are starting a beta test to test a change in how some files that the software downloads, are delivered to you. This will help us continue to handle future growth as well as the occasional spike in download requests that periodically occurs.

We are going to use SoftLayer's Content Delivery Network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network) to support the download of certain files that are frequently downloaded. Most users will not notice a change as a result of this change. However, for users whose firewalls are set to allow the World Community Grid – BOINC software to download files from only specific IP addresses, you need to update your firewall configuration as per the instructions below.

Technical details for those needing to make change their firewall configuration

[...]
    Edit2: The reason I point this out: Beta is like a sub-project. It has it's own badge, the one with a B in it. So if you are a badge chaser, get it while you can, because beta work is rare. You have to turn on Beta work to get it, in the project preferences page. And turn off all the other sub-projects to force getting the beta work.
    Last edited by zombie67; 01-16-14 at 08:48 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Re: WCG: Beta work available

For my android device too.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Yep it's coming in good.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    For my android device too.
    Nice.

Friend of SETI.USA

I've been getting some BETA since Yesterday, not a whole lot but some trickles in every now & then ...