Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collatz is down

Gold Member

Re: Collatz is down

I'm just going to let mine run, don't know how many I have but Slicker will do everything he can to get everyone their credit.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Gold Member

My suggestion would be to abort any WUs that aren't already completed. I should know within the next day or two what to do with the completed ones. That all hinges on how recent a restore I can do which isn't looking real good right now. Looks like the disk corruption occurred over several days getting worse and worse so the most recent backups may not be any good. Now it comes down to whether I can read the workunit or results tables from the bad drive and whether the user and host records associated with the workunit and results can also be read. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on something else.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

well I think I will take the advise of the master at this point. I will be wishing you well through your current challenges.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Friend of SETI.USA

Just give us all a Billion Credits to make up for any loss of Credits ...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Just give us all a Billion Credits to make up for any loss of Credits ...
    +1 I like the way you think and I'm sure I had about that amount in my cache

Silver Member

Have about 100 WUs completed and they all try to upload and the deadline is near.
    Maybe we can get credits for the WUs sent from Collatz before it has gone down.
    I really want to get them out of my uploads cause I dont see anything else and it slows the system.

Gold Member

Posted on the collatz site: "The Collatz server is currently down due to a hard drive controller failure. New hardware should arrive in the next day or two. A complete rebuild of the operating system, BOINC, and the Collatz software and project setup will then need to be done prior to the project coming back online. As this will be a complete rebuild, there is no sense hanging on to any completed workunits at this time. So, go ahead and abort any workunits you have whether they are complete or not. I expect the project will remain down for the next 10-15 days while I set it all back up and test it. Sorry for any inconvenience. And yes, I will make up for the lost credits once everything is back up and running. "

Past Administrator

Hey,

FYI: Some of our newer members may not realize that our team member Slicker is the project admin of Collatz. He always posts here on the forums regarding any issues with Collatz, when RL allows.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Slicker ... Collatz ???

Sorry for all the bad words I have posted, I am new in here ...

Joking of course, I really hope you can solve this problem as soon as possible for us to get to our usually crunching at Collatz Slicker.

Everyday I go the project to see if it came back, I had abort some tasks when the project had problems. It were my computer problems maybe my Hard Drive that is pushing to much from the PSU and all system is coming down. I have now a new PSU and hope to get a decent Hard Drive as soon I understand what is the best I can achieve.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Friend of SETI.USA

Project is down again, must have been down for 6 Hr's now, I've only got about an Hr left to run then will have to switch back over to Moo on that Box ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast