Thread: Falling behind

Cappy

Falling behind

i know ive only been back for a few days now but being i am lol i figured i would try and

winde up the troops alittle.....

our Rac in MW isnt looking all that good and were falling back...... i hate going backwards it hard on the neck and it twists the back alittle....

we are 3'rd in Rac right now and well that aint bad but i think it could be better

with the credit MW is handing out its a great project for those high end vid cards....

wish i had the cash for a 58xx because believe me i would have 1 or 2 but there

are more important things on my plate right now ,,, one of the reasons i took a leave

was because every dime i had went into this hobbie and i left things fall behind i should

have never left fall behind.

anyway just my opinion but im only 1 man and i want #1 over all BACK!!!!!!!!!!

its ours i hated it when we lost it and i still hate the fact now that we did.

but hay im GLAD to be back and Glad to be crunching again ...... and i guess thats all that counts...... plus be around good friends.....

Re: Falling behind

Good to see ya back Cappy

Past Admin

I know excactly how you feel Cappy..These issues has almost torn our once so proud and victorious team into nothing more than a bunch of core crunchers.

These are new times in the BOINC world - and they call for new ways to crunch, to organize ourselves and to behave ourselves. Basicly itīs time to stop the internal figths, and all the littles discussions about this and that...And work together to accomplish our goals and have ourselves organized for the future structure of this team.....But most important...

HAVE FUN WHILE DOING IT!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Harley

I agree. So let's get back to where we belong, #1!

Administrator

I will be moving off of DNETC in a few days and over to Milkyway for a while.

With the new rig I just built I want to see what she'll do since tonight I finished off installing the last piece of hardware; I want to see if I can Annihilate the Silver Hammer in the challenge we have going.

After that I will join you guys on Milkyway.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

Just hit 18 million in Milkyway.

Platinum Member

With the new divisions in the the team structure, you can always know where people stand. For the members who are looking to take back the #1 BOINC position, you can look at the top gun division. I have 3 4800 series ATI cards, so those are all on MW. My son just picked up a new 5850, so he put that on DNETC and is making some impressive numbers with that. He is building a machine to house his Nvidia cards, so that should be back up and crunching soon on both Collatz and GPUGrid. We should be able to crank out about 700,000 a day with these along with our CPU's running Aqua and Androinc. We have seen some new crunchers join us on MW. Nothing huge, but a little bit. If we can attract more people, we should be back to our old selves soon.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Cappy

Damn i wish i had the cash for a couple new 58xx series cards lol.

still flips me out seeing what those cards can do ah sooner

or later,,,, do they make the 58xx series in single slot versions????

just asking cause when and if the time shows its self i have 2 machines

with big enough PS's to run the 48xx's and the 58xx's but not enough

room in either for 2 double slot cards PCI-e slots just to damn close

to each other

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    Damn i wish i had the cash for a couple new 58xx series cards lol.

still flips me out seeing what those cards can do ah sooner

or later,,,, do they make the 58xx series in single slot versions????

just asking cause when and if the time shows its self i have 2 machines

with big enough PS's to run the 48xx's and the 58xx's but not enough

room in either for 2 double slot cards PCI-e slots just to damn close

to each other
    AFAIK those beasts only come in double width form because of the cooling requirements.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Cappy

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    AFAIK those beasts only come in double width form because of the cooling requirements.
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr oh well guess that only leaves building more machines for the 48's