Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxwell Gen 1

Gold Member

Re: Maxwell Gen 1

Quote Originally Posted by Al McAdams View Post
    I assume the low profile kit he mentioned is a low profile kit for that card? If so, that would work. I'll look around and see if I can find anything to give me an idea on the performance increase I might expect over the 430.
    I run a low-profile Sapphire HD 7750 in a Dell box - it was great on the old Poem OpenCL app; now have it on Collatz where it puts out about 200k/day. Output on DiRT is comparable.

Past Administrator

I assume the low profile kit he mentioned is a low profile kit for that card? If so, that would work. I'll look around and see if I can find anything to give me an idea on the performance increase I might expect over the 430.
    Me thinks that was just a sales brochure. That XFX card is too tall for low-profile

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Besides the one slot design there is a new powerful but cheap Ati card for the third PciE slot:
    Sapphire Radeon R7 260X OC, 1GB GDDR5 (115W , 2061GFLOPS (Single), 129GFLOPS (Double)

It costs only 135 $ in Europe but takes two slots.

Platinum Member

So, are any of these going to be available in, 1) low profile and 2) no need for and additional power connector? I'm looking for the best card to put in my servers to replace my aging 430s.
    If you're asking about the GTX 750/750Ti, they are both available without additional power connectors. Looks like it will be a bit yet before any true single slots and low profiles are made though, since Nvidia changed the heatsink screw hole spacings causing heatsinks to be redesigned from scratch.

Platinum Member

Galaxy made a low profile GTX 750 Ti Only problem is, i can't find it anywhere. Single bracket but heatsink/fan is 2 slots wide. Still it may work in some slim/server cases. http://www.galaxytech.com/__EN_GB__/...se&isPow=False

Edit: nvm found galaxy's online sales. Here it is: http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY...ffer_p_90.html

And the GTX 750 also low profile: http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY...ffer_p_89.html

Administrator

Cool! That might actually work for me, LP and no 6-pin necessary. I'll need to do some measuring first.

Diamond Member

Interesting thread here: http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=10613

Very high load with a single task on einstein. Also, they are coming to the conclusion that the Ti is not worth the extra cost or electricity.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

Cool! That might actually work for me, LP and no 6-pin necessary. I'll need to do some measuring first.
    No good, the cooler is too tall. Needs to be a true single slot, low profile and no additional power connector and an upgrade to a GT430. I could possibly mod the server case and use pcie extenders, but that is not my first choice.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Interesting thread here: http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=10613

Very high load with a single task on einstein. Also, they are coming to the conclusion that the Ti is not worth the extra cost or electricity.
    It is an interesting thread and for Einstein it appears that with current drivers the additional cost of the Ti version isn't worth the added performance. However, based on a small sample, the 750 Ti outperforms the 750 by roughly 15% on GPUGrid, translating to and additional 25-30,000 credits per day. To me, particularly considering the additional 1Gb GDDR5 on the Ti version, that's worth the additional $40 outlay.

Platinum Member

Yeah i don't trust Einstein benchmarks at all. For me, my GTX 580 is 3x faster than my Titan....but only on Einstein.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast