Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A mans Toy

Past Administrator

Re: A mans Toy

Radio? I still have my Century 7 PCM unit with 5 standard servos. I can swap in new NiCad packs for the transmitter and receiver and charge it up for ya. I might still have my Carl Goldberg fieldbox in the attic. I know I'd have to rewire my Sullivan stater but that wouldn't take but a moment.....

So how about it.....????

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I'm sure we could fix you up with everything you need for say a mere 2k or so. that wouldn't up set your wife too much would it.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

Hey! It's not just a mans toy! I played with that stuff too! This is the only thing I have left from that era in my life. This pic might bring back memories for some of you. This engine has never been mounted or run. (O.S. Max 40SF) I tore up my KB 20 in a crash and lost my O.S. Max 25F due to theft. It was something I did with my dad.....the 40SF was actually his engine. He never had time to build his own plane and always just flew mine.Picture 5.jpg

Gold Member

Unfortunately I would have no place to fly around here and my wife's car is just a Dodge Caliber so I don't think she would want to load everything in and go spend the time out in the boonies somewhere.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shandia View Post
    Hey! It's not just a mans toy! I played with that stuff too! This is the only thing I have left from that era in my life. This pic might bring back memories for some of you. This engine has never been mounted or run. (O.S. Max 40SF) I tore up my KB 20 in a crash and lost my O.S. Max 25F due to theft. It was something I did with my dad.....the 40SF was actually his engine. He never had time to build his own plane and always just flew mine.
    Picture 5.jpg
    Oh Sweeeeet!!!!

Yeah, that engine brings back a ton of memories. In the R/C section of the Hobby Shop where I worked, there was a 6' H x 4' W display case directly across from the sales counter. We had a lot of O.S. stuff in it including the FS-90 Surpass and FS-120 Surpass 4-cycles. Never got tired of looking at that case...

Oh and btw, the FS-120 was the Gold Plated Limited edition model IIRC.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123