View Poll Results: Should a new General Topic called In Memorium be created?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 80.00%
  • No

2 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: New General Topic - In Memorium

Silver Member

New General Topic - In Memorium

Should a new topic be created under GENERAL called In Memorium to memorialize former team members who have died?

Silver Member

Re: New General Topic - In Memorium

Should the focus be on what they accomplished while with the team or a personal life description?
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    Should the focus be on what they accomplished while with the team or a personal life description?
    How about both. Though I'm not volunteering sooooo.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    What I envisioned was that a new thread would be created, and people could write what they wanted. I do think that a screenshot of their Free DC or BOINC Stats project page could be included.

On a separate issue, some crunchers may want for a family member (or someone else) to keep crunching on their accounts after they're gone. Just something to think about, though I'm way too young to care, lol!

Silver Member

Not a lot of support or opposition. Perhaps when the time comes, this poll will provide some support for creating an In Memorium subtopic in General topics. Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Friend of SETI.USA

Other than their Stat's not much is really know about most Cruncher's, sad to say when I go no one will carry on for me. My wife is a Computer Illiterate (She wouldn't even know how to turn them off) & there's no one else that could afford to run the Box's I have. Perhaps when the time comes if I know awhile before hand that my time is about over I will give the e-mail address & Password to a Team Member & they could have my Credits & carry on from there if they wanted to ...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Other than their Stat's not much is really know about most Cruncher's, sad to say when I go no one will carry on for me. My wife is a Computer Illiterate (She wouldn't even know how to turn them off) & there's no one else that could afford to run the Box's I have. Perhaps when the time comes if I know awhile before hand that my time is about over I will give the e-mail address & Password to a Team Member & they could have my Credits & carry on from there if they wanted to ...
    Continuing crunching on the account of a deceased team member would be one of the best memoriums. You could even split your projects among several team members by using a unique password for each project. I think that would keep the combined statistics intact.

Even if all we know about a team member or friend of the team is their stats, we could post an image of the stats, their avatar and signature, in a subtopic and people could leave comments about their good memories. I pretty sure that over the past 10 years some of our teammates have died and we don't even know it happened. Heck, maybe we can set up our own memorial subtopics, lol. Here lies myshortpencil, who's not quite as tall as before.

Diamond Member

I dont really know about you, one thing I can say on my side, while I am here, no one will be forgotten.

The difficult thing is to know what really happened, if one just stopped crunching or went, as we all do one day, to the land of our dreams and most great fears.

I think, no matter what, that we all have friends in here, maybe we dont talk much with each other but for sure there is always a more close friend, or group of friends. It is expected that someone will notice the absense of a more closed friend.

I am sure you will noticed, with great relief that if I stop posting. I would like to see my signature with all my badges as a remembering of the crunching I did in here, maybe is not much, but it was what I could do.

I think most of us are proud of our crunching and so the team should put, for one day or one week, in a spotlight, the badges and points achieved by the cruncher that sadly has gone, I wouldnt expect less and will fight for others right to the same I want for me.

It is sad, when any man, that devoted part of his life to ANY project, thinks that those that were with him, will forget him as used shirt, sometimes I remember old friends that I just dont see anymore and ask me for a while, where are you my friend?

I dont expect that you forget the Crazy Duke without a word because I know you and YOU are much better than that ...

Hey you, out there in the cold
    Getting lonely, getting old
    Can you feel me?
    Hey you, standing in the aisles
    With itchy feet and fading smiles
    Can you feel me?
    Hey you, dont help them to bury the light
    Don't give in without a fight.

Hey you, out there on your own
    Sitting naked by the phone
    Would you touch me?
    Hey you, with you ear against the wall
    Waiting for someone to call out
    Would you touch me?
    Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
    Open your heart, I'm coming home.

But it was only fantasy.
    The wall was too high,
    As you can see.
    No matter how he tried,
    He could not break free.
    And the worms ate into his brain.

Hey you, out there on the road
    always doing what you're told,
    Can you help me?
    Hey you, out there beyond the wall,
    Breaking bottles in the hall,
    Can you help me?
    Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
    Together we stand, divided we fall.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

I guess I think it is a good idea, not sure just how. As I see it for me, I have it set up that a family member would get on here and let it be known what has happened. I would also like for any family member to take any computer they want, but then the remaining be given to team members if they would want them for the cost of shipping. My only problem is making sure someone is always in the know. Guess I need to make sure the instructions is with my trust docs.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]