Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hennessey Venom GT

Gold Member

Re: Hennessey Venom GT

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    But don't you feel the need? The need for Speed?
    going fast is one of my many hobbys, heres a lil project ive been working on over the winter.
    im about 3 days away from firing up the new engine

hoping to run in the high 8 second range in the 1/4 mile, and break 200mph across the bonneville salt flats later this year with it

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    going fast is one of my many hobbys, heres a lil project ive been working on over the winter.
    im about 3 days away from firing up the new engine

hoping to run in the high 8 second range in the 1/4 mile, and break 200mph across the bonneville salt flats later this year with it
    Crazy! What kind of chassis mods did you do to that thing? Back in the 80s those frames would twist with a 305 HO.

Get a Go Pro on that thing and post it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Crazy! What kind of chassis mods did you do to that thing? Back in the 80s those frames would twist with a 305 HO.

Get a Go Pro on that thing and post it!
    its got frame connectors and will have a full 10pt rollcage in it , im going to add the foward bars to the 10pt cage to help stiffen it a lil more
    i have a 3.1L v6 89 as well with a 61mm turbo hanging off it that makes 372 rwhp and 517rwtq it has cracks in both b pillars from twisting up but that car also doesnt have frame connectors or a cage in it

ill have to post some videos i already have from the twin turbo iroc , last year it had a bone stock l98 engine in it with twin 57mm turbos and was running 11:30's @ 134mph
    and ill have lots of new videos , i have 3 gopros for recording videos

Gold Member

its got frame connectors and will have a full 10pt rollcage in it , im going to add the foward bars to the 10pt cage to help stiffen it a lil more
    i have a 3.1L v6 89 as well with a 61mm turbo hanging off it that makes 372 rwhp and 517rwtq it has cracks in both b pillars from twisting up but that car also doesnt have frame connectors or a cage in it

ill have to post some videos i already have from the twin turbo iroc , last year it had a bone stock l98 engine in it with twin 57mm turbos and was running 11:30's @ 134mph
    and ill have lots of new videos , i have 3 gopros for recording videos
    Turbo on a 3.1? Wow...talk about stretching the design limits. That's impressive for the ol' 60º V6! Funny about the B-pillars. Can't wait to see the vids.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Turbo on a 3.1? Wow...talk about stretching the design limits. That's impressive for the ol' 60º V6! Funny about the B-pillars. Can't wait to see the vids.
    ill throw up some pics and vids of both cars when i get home
    the 60* v6 platform is a very stout one me and some of the guys over at thirdgen org and 60degreev6 have been laying down some killer power out of those tiny lil engines.
    im in the middle of building one with a 4-71 roots blower , that project is currently on hold as the twin turbo iroc has been taking most of my funds and time lately

Gold Member

heres a few of the v6

stock bottom end minus good bearings , and piston rings , pistons are keith black stock replacements

the only thing trick about the entire bottom end is that its it has a really good balance job on it as i normally shift at 7100-7,400 rpms , it has seen 8,400 a few times on accident and usually involves me replacing valve springs once it gets revved that high
    the turbo headers are custom one off 321 stainless that i built

other then that its got a custom ground camshaft , and a sheetmetal intake plenum that i also fabricated

btw how do u post youtube videos here ?

Silver Member

Click the film strip looking icon.

Gold Member

heres a few of the v6

stock bottom end minus good bearings , and piston rings , pistons are keith black stock replacements
    <snip>
    btw how do u post youtube videos here ?
    Impressive! I love original ideas like that! Nice work and fabrication.

Past Administrator

Can I borrow your fab shop for like the next ten years...???

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Can I borrow your fab shop for like the next ten years...???

i miss the shop big time , its my family's race car shop back home in new jersey, i now live out in utah.
    miss the shop dont miss living in a big city

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast