Thread: Collatz: Tip #42: User of the Day

Diamond Member

Collatz: Tip #42: User of the Day

How can you become the user of the day at your favorite BOINC project? Create or edit your profile. You won't be chosen as user of the day on a BOINC project unless you have a profile. Once selected, you won't be selected again unless you make some type of change to your profile."There are 9 remaining candidates for User of the Day." That's what the Collatz server is currently telling me. If the BOINC project admin knows a little SQL, he can reset the flag for the user of the day manually, but most won't ever both doing that. So, editing your profile or creating one if you don't have one is the best way to get your name back on the list.In addition to showing your profile on the project home page when you are chosen as "user of the day", there is a site dedicated to tracking it over time much like the BOINC statistics sites track credits. Check it out at http://uotd.org

More...

Re: Collatz: Tip #42: User of the Day

Following this bit of advice, I got picked for UoTD on POGS in the middle of the Pentathlon! I used the opportunity to plug SUSA twice. If you haven't made a profile, take two minutes and put something up for at *least* the Pentathlon projects. Maybe it'll bring someone along, maybe it won't, but it can't hurt.