Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): min_sendwork_interval has been changed to 24

Silver Member

Re: Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): min_sendwork_interval has been changed t

The girls got the giggles, lol.

Gold Member

Re: Spatiotemporal Quality of Service (QoS): min_sendwork_interval has been changed t

I got 1 task on the 14th and 3 on the 15th. I haven't been able to get anything since then. Keeps telling me that the last request was too soon. I hope they get the time down so it can run. Non-cpu intensive projects are great if they work.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Diamond Member

Are you manually hitting "update"? Or using something like BOINC project updater? If so, that will be the problem. Every time you hit update before the back-off time is complete, the back-off clock starts all over.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

No. The boinc project just runs in the background and I just check the advanced tab to see the log. I've had the 4 tasks and that is it. I have it set to run and I leave it alone. Java is installed as well.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

Seems as though this project is a bit buggy still. Got one task that errored out on Gamera. Mothra got 1 task that completed but is still waiting for validation even though their site is showing that 2 other users on the same task have completed it as well. They are also waiting for validation. Gamera got another and it was completed and turned in, but I don't see it on their site and their site is telling me I have another WU in progress, that neither of my boxes seem to have.

Has anyone received any credits for successfully completed WUs yet?
    Yo-

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude9999 View Post
    Has anyone received any credits for successfully completed WUs yet?
    http://199.26.254.190/qos/top_users.php

I have 3400 credits to date.

Edit: Maybe you are looking at stat sites? The stats export hasn't happened since 04/14. So the stats sites won't show any changes since then.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

No, went to my account on their site, went to my computers, opened up each computer and looked at each of the tasks that were finished, failed or not.
    It turns out, the one I have completed on Gamera has uploaded, but not yet reported, due to their very long backoff timing. This was the one I thought I had completed and didn't show up on their site, when if fact it is just still waiting to report it. That was my confusion, sorry about that.

The WU Mothra has completed and reported indeed shows up on their site but is still awaiting validation even though 2 other computers have also successfully completed the same WU along with 6 other computers that failed the WU for various different reasons.

They certainly are not going to get much work done at the rate they are going, but because it's non-cpu I'll just leave it do whatever it wants to and not the the update button for that project.
    Yo-

Platinum Member

Well, 4 of my 7 computers I have it on have earned credits. Don't know for sure how long ago though.

If they'll only issue a single WU per user, per 12 hours, I guess Seti.USA is gonna suddenly have a whole family of Mumps crunchers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12