Thread: Long WUs.

Diamond Member

Long WUs.

I could noticed that most of the crunchers are aborting very long tasks at this project and can see that most of the tasks I am about to do were aborted with or without crunching by zombie67.

Can someone (that is for you Z) tell me something about this project and why long tasks are being abandoned or aborted, before I lose so many time on this long tasks?
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Re: Long WUs.

I aborted any un-started tasks, because I would not have time to run them before the pentathlon started. I also had a few on one machine that were running, but not using any CPU. So I aborted them too.

FWIW, I have about 50 of them still running for over 5 days now. No idea when they will complete, as the % complete is not moving.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I aborted any un-started tasks, because I would not have time to run them before the pentathlon started. I also had a few on one machine that were running, but not using any CPU. So I aborted them too.

FWIW, I have about 50 of them still running for over 5 days now. No idea when they will complete, as the % complete is not moving.
    That is the same with me, 2 stopped at 53,571% and 2 stopped at 35,714% but the cpu is counting normal. I will try to let them go till the end in that case..

I thought it was strange that are no message on the boards at this project. Let us see if it worth while ...
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

have 6 ones that are counting 53.571% since days.
    The longest ones are running over 70 hours now, also want to know when they should be finished.