Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hobbys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

hobbys

so besides the obvious computer stuff whats everyone else's favorite hobbys
    for me ill just have to do a quick list as i have way to many.
    building street/drag cars ( im building my first land speed racing car right now )
    guns/shooting
    stage lasers ( i build my own lighting effects for when i dj )
    home/car and live audio/bass head ( my large dj rig consists of 12 microwrecker 15 inch subs each one is about 300 pounds all together they will play down to 15hz @ 140+db )
    xbox gaming
    quads/dirtbikes

Silver Member

Re: hobbys

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    so besides the obvious computer stuff whats everyone else's favorite hobbys
    for me ill just have to do a quick list as i have way to many.
    building street/drag cars ( im building my first land speed racing car right now )
    guns/shooting
    stage lasers ( i build my own lighting effects for when i dj )
    home/car and live audio/bass head ( my large dj rig consists of 12 microwrecker 15 inch subs each one is about 300 pounds all together they will play down to 15hz @ 140+db )
    xbox gaming
    quads/dirtbikes
    Right now I'm down to one hobby, I play World of Warcraft. I used to do photography, but my son took all my equipment to high school for a class and brought back a bag of parts... I just haven't replaced anything yet.

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    Right now I'm down to one hobby, I play World of Warcraft. I used to do photography, but my son took all my equipment to high school for a class and brought back a bag of parts... I just haven't replaced anything yet.
    Letters are getting smaller justgeo1, that is the nicest thing one can notice.

We live in a world that have some wonders, it is good that we can profit them,

I am very happy for you to be free from your (eyes) jail.

Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

getting better , but might not be able to run the 120# injectors on gas in this thing , ill see what happens as i get some more tuning done

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    getting better , but might not be able to run the 120# injectors on gas in this thing , ill see what happens as i get some more tuning done

Love that!

@F$, that idle is perfect--it's the cam causing the lopey sound.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Love that!

@F$, that idle is perfect--it's the cam causing the lopey sound.
    its still a bit rich idling at 11.3-1 afr once i get it leaned out a lil bit more it will settle down just a tad

Gold Member

turns out the ex valve on the engine is bent and hanging open , not sure if im going to fix it or just stick a 2 stroke 650cc street bike engine i have on it . the problem witht he 2 stroke engine is i have never turbocharged anything 2stroke , and its alot different then the normal 4 stroke stuff when it comes to forced induction. might be a good chance to get into something new

on a side note is anyone here into or ever messed with 3d projection mapping

for those of u who dont know what that is heres a cool video

heres one on a much much larger scale

once im done building my 5 watt aerial laser id like to start playing with the 3d projection and add it to my laser show when i dj

if any of u guys have messed with it is the hardware exspensive , any diy options? how hard is the programing

Gold Member

had a bad air temp sensor it was reading negative 60* so the ecm was commanding a ton of extra fuel , i went home grabbed my laptop fixed the sensor and took some fuel out its starting to smooth out but i have alot of tunning to do still
    the engine has 120 pound per hour injectors in it so its going to be very hard to get a good clean idle

i hhave a new video im uploading now ill post it when youtube finishes encoding it

Gold Member

i worked on it some today, i was able to fix the original carb so i threw it back on the bike so i could start it up to be sure on the engines condition ,it wont start im just getting a whole lot of backfiring out the exhaust system, im thinking either the cdi box is bad or somehow it slipped time on the ex valve, my friend is much more familiar witht he suzukis then i am so hes going to come by and take a look at it for me tommorow.hopefully its something stupid so i dont have to tear ito the engine just yet.

other then that i did manage to get the bike cleaned up and was able to start preping the body panels for paint , ill get some pictures up later today as i left the cable for my phone at work

Platinum Member

I used to collect baseball/football cards but haven't bought any in years. Still have everything though. Well over 100,000 cards and it takes up quite a bit of space lol

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast