Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Collatz: Potential Outage After June 5 thru June 15

Gold Member

Re: Collatz: Potential Outage After June 5 thru June 15

I'm running Mini Collatz on my 7950 (need the hours), but the project is only sending me one WU at a time. My app_config is set up to run 4 WUs per GPU, I don't have a max_concurrent line, I've bumped up the project resource share, and I tried suspending all other projects and updating - still only getting one at a time. Meanwhile my laptop has a nice cache of Mini WUs for intel gpu. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

FYI, any WU that runs in < 30 minutes will only get half the credit. Those mini WUs look to be running in only 5 minutes so you will want to disable mini in your preferences and stick with solo or maybe even large.

As far as getting more than one WU goes, check your resource settings (must be > 0 or else is considered a backup project and should only get one WU at a time). Also, if connected to other GPU projects, BOINC may ignore Collatz because it wants to download work from one of the others. It won't tell you that in the log though. That, and you sometimes have to exit BOINC and then restart it in order to give it a kick in the arse as the scheduler is buggier than a swamp. Oh, and check your cache size.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Administrator

If you need hours on mini run 5 or 6 at a time. Your hours will build faster and wus will take over 30 minutes so you get the credit bonus.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    If you need hours on mini run 5 or 6 at a time. Your hours will build faster and wus will take over 30 minutes so you get the credit bonus.
    That's what I was trying to do, but I could only get 1 at a time from the project. My app_config was set to .2 CPU and .2 GPU. I might need to remove and re-attach the project. I tried fooling with all the settings but couldn't get multiple units.

Administrator

That might be best. Recheck the preferences just in case you missed something. 0.2 is exactly where you want to be with the 7950/70.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234