Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Past Administrator

Re: What are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    go to best buy and have you stuff checked out, Looks like you need some Geek Squad assistance.
    Thems be fight'n words!!!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thems be fight'n words!!!

Joker can take it hes a big boy. Not like hes never put me in my place :\
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Gold Member

Joker can take it hes a big boy.
    Is that a fat joke???

Zytozux

Reached the next level of nyan cat.

Diamond Member

Cool Re: What are you listening to?

Some Videos I made for the my TeaM I hope you like it. In all them I gave my best as I always do.

If you like it I will make one for you when I know you better.
    Not in the first night...

Duke

Gold Member

Never knew you liked videos DB.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Never knew you liked videos DB.
    You catch me this time.

Duke

Silver Member

@ Zombie....

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Well then!

Yeah, I love that song, but now after seeing this video, that I had never seen before, I somehow have a bad taste in my mouth.

Yo-

Silver Member

I gave you guys fair warning.....

Okay, there's a long story involved with what brought me to this type of music. By, "Type" of music, I refer to Latino in general. Suffice it to say that since I've given the Latino community a fair shake as far as their musical abilities goes, that I've become a HUGE fan of some of the more popular artists. Christian Castro, Fito Olivares, Selena, Luis Miguel, Marco Antonio Solis, Los Mismos, Los Tucantes de Tijauna and Liminte to name just few. Most of the Latino music I listen to revolves around popular dance or very romantic music. Some of is considered by my heckling friends as, Polka and I do have to admit that a lot of it is, though that's not my favorite style of Latino music.

One of the things I truly like about most of the music is that they are usually telling a story about something. There's often a lot of words, though there are a lot of songs that are repetitious, but we have those kinds of songs also. Most of the music is NOT head slamming, rip your guts out screaming and just generally bad, though I'm quite sure most of you will likely consider it boring because you don't understand the words.
    Well I don't either, or at least not all of them. I listen for the musical content and enjoy how the music makes me feel vs how some music may be trying to subliminally persuade me into killing my neighbors cat, like some of you seem to enjoy (Joker).

I hope that you'll take enough time to listen all the way through these songs before just throwing in the towel and condemning me as some weird freak like the rest of you.
    I like to think I still have a touch of sanity left within me

Unfortunately, most of the videos are sub par compared to now days standards, but they will give you the idea anyway. I love Fito because this guy makes me want to go out and buy a sax. This is great dance music as most of his work is........

As a song that tells a story, I included this one. This Is a HIGHLY regarded Latino hit and if you ever walk into a Mexican bar, stroll up to the silent jukebox and play THIS song, someone may just buy you a beer because you will have instant respect. I selected this rendition over an actual video as it has the words to the song.

This video does absolutely NO justice whatsoever to Marco in this performance. The video and sound are just totally bad. What do you expect from a cell phone video? This is one of my all time favorite songs and it truly saddens me to see just how lousy this video really is. The point being however, this guy is a king of romantic music, probably more popular in the Latino community than Elvis ever was within the states.

Keep in mind people, these guys are filthy rich too. All these bands tour the world and they DO make money so, there's got to be something to it!

At this point, I'm thinking if I post any more of these I'll get banned from the Team, so I best quit whilst I'm still ahead and let the flaming begin.........

Yo-

Platinum Member

Re: I gave you guys fair warning.....

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude9999 View Post
    At this point, I'm thinking if I post any more of these I'll get banned from the Team, so I best quit whilst I'm still ahead and let the flaming begin.........
    I actually like those, somewhat. The songs would be a whole lot more meaningful if I actually understood Spanish. I do really like that style of music playing, and am a fan of mariachi music that focuses more on the music than the lyrics (since I don't understand the lyrics).

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing and broadening my horizons!

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast