Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WUProp Hours Question

Diamond Member

Re: WUProp Hours Question

Another way would be to run a VM with 4 threads on top of your native client with 4 threads. They will all run at half speed, taking twice as long, but they will think they are running at full speed.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I am pretty sure it is wall time, not CPU time. Otherwise, We s=would never be able to get any stars for the quake projects (for example).
    Interesting puzzle Z!

Not the same question, but back when they were wrapping up Suduoko I decided to get some WuProp hours. It was at the end and work was hard to come by and when I got it I blew through them. So I UNDERCLOCKED my computers to 2.0GHz (from 4.2) and made the suckers last longer It worked like a charm!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Another way would be to run a VM with 4 threads on top of your native client with 4 threads. They will all run at half speed, taking twice as long, but they will think they are running at full speed.
    I realize this reply is coming ~10.5 months later, but I have this question again. Do you double up your hours you get when you run a VM on top of a native client? Has anyone tried this recently?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12