Thread: Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day

Wishing my fellow Crunchers a safe and happy Independence Day filled with joy and appreciation for our great Republic and its freedom, a day to remember our Founding Fathers fight for our freedoms and the beginning of this great nation.

I also want to thank all of our brave service men and women who defend our country and the freedoms we so often take for granted.

So have a great day, celebrate and have fun. Light the grills, enjoy good food, drink, and being with family. Be safe while enjoying the night’s pyrotechnic displays.
    But let’s not forget to remind ourselves and our children why we celebrate this day of Independence.
    Enjoy the weekend’s celebrations and God bless the United States of American.

Past Admin

Re: Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day to you as well. Glad you stopped in.

Past Administrator

Ditto here!

And remember people...

*Always observe Minimum Safe Distance
    *Keeper of the fire must not indulge in strong spirits (Fireworks and alcohol do not mix)
    *After the festivities, count your fingers and toes (to make sure they are still there)
    *keep a large fire extinguisher, garden hoses, and/or buckets of water handy. Also don't forget the mega first aid kit, just in case the appendage count comes up short....

-Quote- "Hey, Ryan, be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets." - Capt. Marko Ramius - HFRO

Happy 4th of July

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

sorry i was not on yesterday i had to work all day at ft polk at the main gate because they dint have anyone that was good at scanning id and it was was a long day with a cold and still trying to get over it now but got home about 930 so i got to see the fireworks at 10pm

Diamond Member

Happy 4th of July
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Also, FUCK YOU King George!

Did that get your attention? Wanna know why? Read the Declaration of Independence. Oh sure, everyone knows the thrilling first bits, like the preamble. That's fun to read, short, and makes us feel good.

But I am talking about the actual REASONS, which are detailed in the indictment section. 27 specific reasons. And they end with this ball breaker:

"In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."

In summary: Our holiday should be less "Happy 4th!" and more "Death to tyrants!" or "Never Forget!" or "Watch what you do Mr. President. Because we are watching for sure...very closely." Well, that last one one is too damn wordy. But you get the idea.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Well said Z.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    ...Read the Declaration of Independence. Oh sure, everyone knows the thrilling first bits, like the preamble. That's fun to read, short, and makes us feel good...
    You’re right Zombie, the Declaration of Independence is a powerful read and sadly few know what it actually says beyond the Preamble, if they have read that much.

Back in ancient times when I went to high school reading the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America were required studies. To graduate we also needed to pass an exam on the Constitution…
    Many of the young adults I talk to tell me of their “Constitutional rights” but have never actually read the documents, the only knowledge they have is what has been spoon fed to them by their teachers/Professors and the so called news media…
    It is at this point that I present them with a pocket book containing the Constitution of the United States (including Amendments) and The Declaration of Independence. Some actually take the time to read the documents and thank me for the enlightenment, others choose to remain ignorant of the facts.

These are the founding documents of our Republic. Every citizen of the United States of American should be familiar with their contents and have at least read them once in their lifetime. Come on people, give up the diatribe spewed out by the talking heads on the so called “News” programs and political blogs for one day and actually sit down and read our founding documents for yourself.

Perhaps I need to mail copies to my Congressional Representatives and the POTUS?
    I think the Supreme Courts already have copies, perhaps they just need some Dictionaries to help them understand what the words actually mean?
    Last edited by DrBob; 07-07-14 at 03:06 PM.

Diamond Member

The Revolutionary War: By The Numbers

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the...0/+matepetrany

I love lists like this.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne