Thread: WUProp Hours for MT Apps

Platinum Member

WUProp Hours for MT Apps

New question:

How are hours calculated for multithreaded apps? Based on a very small sample, it's looking like (at least for Yafu) WUProp is counting the time on each core. I've had a (i.e., one) Yafu WU run for just under a couple hours on a 6-core machine, and WUProp has documented ~10 hours. Is this right? Or am I crazy?

[And yes, I know I'm asking a lot of WUProp questions. But all y'all got me into badge chasing for this damned project, so now I need to know everything to maximize my output. I blame all of you (especially zombie67, Bryan, and Mumps). ]

Administrator

Re: WUProp Hours for MT Apps

Yep, it keeps track of total time I'm thinking it didn't do that initially but it was fixed to accommodate MT.

BTW, if you are running Yafu this THREAD is a MUST READ. I threw up 900k in a single day and several million over a couple day period until credit new caught up to me

Here is my app_config:

<app_config>
    <app_version>
    <app_name>yafu</app_name>
    <plan_class>mt</plan_class>
    <avg_ncpus>1.2</avg_ncpus>
    <cmdline>--nthreads 1</cmdline>
    </app_version>
    </app_config>

The ncpus is a ratio ... read the post to figure out how to set it. What this does is get the MT tasks to run in a single thread ... blows the mind of the credit system

Platinum Member

Re: WUProp Hours for MT Apps

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yep, it keeps track of total time I'm thinking it didn't do that initially but it was fixed to accommodate MT.
    Thank you for that info - that's what I was hoping. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    BTW, if you are running Yafu this THREAD is a MUST READ. I threw up 900k in a single day and several million over a couple day period until credit new caught up to me
    Holy crap... if what that thread said is even half true for me, this will be fantastic! Many thanks! I had no idea...