Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The End of Privacy

Gold Member

Re: The End of Privacy

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I always laugh when they talk about some people have huge caches of ammo for their guns. Consider this: 22 long range (LR) comes in boxes of 100 that costs ~ $10. Two boxes makes you a monster since they think a few hundred shells is an arsenal. (They go really fast when plinking pop cans and you try to keep the can moving between shots.) Anyway, if I have 20 rounds per gun and also have 20 rounds of various types of shotgun shells (TT, T, 4, and 6) as well as a box of 500 pellets for an air rifle (which is considered a firearm in IL) and a couple boxes of 22 shells, then I'd easily have over 1,000 rounds of ammo making me seem like an extremist if you watched the news when in reality, I just have a small reasonable amount of ammo for each weapon.

Remember people: Guns don't kill people. They kill dinner. ;-)
    its not just ammo , u can be connsidered the same if u have more food storage for more then a week now , i.e canned or long lasting food goods.
    hell me and the wife will blow threw 600+ rounds everytime we goto the range , though we dont go as frequently as we used to anymore due to the cost of ammo and reloading supplies in general
    heres a very small stash of our ammo

a single can full of .45 acp

45 at 25 yards dont mind the .22lr holes in the target

all our neighbors say if anything happens the first place they are comming is our place lmao

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    its not just ammo , u can be connsidered the same if u have more food storage for more then a week now , i.e canned or long lasting food goods.
    I guess all the mormons are considered terrorists now...
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I guess all the mormons are considered terrorists now...
    pretty much my entire state lol, though im not mormon

Silver Member

Personal experience has already broken the illusion of personal privacy for me. I have yet to train the wife though, had to stop her a couple of times from bragging about when we where leaving on vacation on facebook of all things...!

Any pictures you put on the internet are findable. Any emails you send can be accessed long into the future after you thought they were deleted. Your phone is a personal data trove for anyone that has the time and inclination. All that being said its not too hard to stop telling everyone in the world what you are doing every minute of the day, try it, step away from the computer and have an actual conversation with another human. Most of them are morons but there are still a few intelligent people out there
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Platinum Member

My sister in law was just talking to me last week about how impressed she is with the Face-book facial recognition these days.

"See? I just took this picture of the girls and posted it to my facebook account and it automatically tagged them all with their names! I didn't even have to tell it!"

"And what about that sneak picture you took of me?"

"I posted it, but it didn't tag it."

"Yeah, because that's the first picture of me to ever make it to FaceBook!"

Past Administrator

Facebook is EVIL!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

I have to wonder how good Facebook really is. I "may" have one pic on it from when I was just an ugly duckling. I may try to upload another one of those types.......or maybe not. Don't want them to be able to tag my younger self until I get plastic surgery and assume another personality. *giggle*

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    Most of them are morons but there are still a few intelligent people out there

Personally I prefer to talk to myself. Always an intelligent conversation and there are seldom any arguments

Diamond Member

The Paranoid's Guide to Facebook
    By Logan Kugler, PCWorld

Over half a billion people use Facebook around the world. It is the single largest phenomenon of human connection in history, not to mention the biggest thing ever to hit the Web, and a source of enjoyment for millions. But it's becoming more and more of a love-hate relationship. We love using Facebook and other online social networks, but we hate the ever-increasing privacy and security concerns.

Those concerns about privacy on Facebook have caught the attention of the U.S. Government: Congress recently sent Facebook an open letter asking the company to explain the disclosure of user identities to third parties (as originally reported by the Wall Street Journal), and how the company plans to address this issue. James Clarke, senior consumer technology analyst at Mintel International, makes very clear ...

More on http://www.pcworld.com/article/21085..._facebook.html
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12