Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The End of Privacy

Platinum Member

The End of Privacy

Windows, doors and cameras are now your enemies

Gold Member

Re: The End of Privacy

arent they doing something similar by bouncing light or a laser etc off glass

Past Administrator

yep and they have been doing it for years. The main difference here is any object that resonates to audio essentially becomes a tape recorder. And said audio can be listened to at any time. Whereas, lasers are real time only devices.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

A watched society is a obedient society. Ask anyone who lived in east germany.

Edit: And our government's ability (and willingness) to do so is so much greater now.

Edit2: That's right, I said the US feds are MORE willing (eager) to surveil us...than the damn Stasi!
    Last edited by zombie67; 08-06-14 at 11:57 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

This makes me think of the scene in Eagle Eye where the computer "listens in" on the conversation about her in the sealed White House room by watching water ripples on the coffee cup, etc.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    A watched society is a obedient society. Ask anyone who lived in east germany.

Edit: And our government's ability (and willingness) to do so is so much greater now.

Edit2: That's right, I said the US feds are MORE willing (eager) to surveil us...than the damn Stasi!
    going to be a bad day if they ever decide to take our guns away, there going to have hell trying to get mine

Diamond Member

The number of guns per citizen in this country is damn high. And that's a good thing, IMO. But a gun or three against the government is nothing. You need the masses coordinated to be effective. And how would you communicate to your compatriots without the government knowing? This is all rhetorical of course. The point is that the government doesn't need to actually worry about us sheep, because we can't do anything about it. They have made so many laws, that we are doing something illegal all the time. So when any one becomes too much trouble, there is an easy justification to "fix" it. We have lost control of our "servants".
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    The number of guns per citizen in this country is damn high. And that's a good thing, IMO. But a gun or three against the government is nothing. You need the masses coordinated to be effective. And how would you communicate to your compatriots without the government knowing? This is all rhetorical of course. The point is that the government doesn't need to actually worry about us sheep, because we can't do anything about it. They have made so many laws, that we are doing something illegal all the time. So when any one becomes too much trouble, there is an easy justification to "fix" it. We have lost control of our "servants".

ur right but its not going to stop ppl from trying to stand against something like that , were im at guns out number ppl lol, our law enforcement here said they would not enforce any bans ( with the whole rifle and mag ban thing was going on a while back)
    alot of ppl need to take a good look around and see whats actually going on

Diamond Member

We have lost control of everything long time ago.

We have lost control of the banks.
    We have lost control of the elections.
    We have lost control of our representatives.
    We have lost control of the government.
    We have lost control of the police.
    Etcetera , etcetera , etcetera

We are very worried about our differences and don't notice what we have in common like our freedom, we are very busy fighting each other and that is a good way to become a slave, in fact we don't know what is important and so will lose it all.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    going to be a bad day if they ever decide to take our guns away, there going to have hell trying to get mine
    I always laugh when they talk about some people have huge caches of ammo for their guns. Consider this: 22 long range (LR) comes in boxes of 100 that costs ~ $10. Two boxes makes you a monster since they think a few hundred shells is an arsenal. (They go really fast when plinking pop cans and you try to keep the can moving between shots.) Anyway, if I have 20 rounds per gun and also have 20 rounds of various types of shotgun shells (TT, T, 4, and 6) as well as a box of 500 pellets for an air rifle (which is considered a firearm in IL) and a couple boxes of 22 shells, then I'd easily have over 1,000 rounds of ammo making me seem like an extremist if you watched the news when in reality, I just have a small reasonable amount of ammo for each weapon.

Remember people: Guns don't kill people. They kill dinner. ;-)
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast