Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motherboard upgrade to my P3

Past Administrator

Re: Motherboard upgrade to my P3

Looks good. That is a fairly nice O/Cing board, actually. You should get some good mileage out of your old CPU!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Looks good. That is a fairly nice O/Cing board, actually. You should get some good mileage out of your old CPU!
    Here's something irritating. My board new from NewEgg, just went on sale.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813128388R

The Ebay listing for the board I won was "New" unopened. The board I received was opened. It should have been listed as New(other).

Even after the NewEgg shipping fee, I would have paid less.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Here's something irritating. My board new from NewEgg, just went on sale.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813128388R

The Ebay listing for the board I won was "New" unopened. The board I received was opened. It should have been listed as New(other).

Gawd! I hate it when that sot of thing happens.... The hardware gods are not fair!!!!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Gawd! I hate it when that sot of thing happens.... The hardware gods are not fair!!!!
    Just noticed the NewEgg listing says Open Box. I guess it didn't matter all that much. NewEgg doesn't guarantee that parts aren't missing.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

I just had my first bad experience with NewEgg. First, they shipped my Ram from California instead of Memphis. Then, either they, DHL or USPS screwed up and sent my package to Alabama. Carson, CA --> Kentucky --> Mississippi --> Alabama. It shipped on the 10th. It's scheduled to arrive on the 22nd. Yet another weekend goes by that I can't put this thing together.

I don't live in Jacksonville, Florida or Little Rock, Alabama. I live in Jacksonville, Arkansas.

Idiots.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

I just had my first bad experience with NewEgg. First, they shipped my Ram from California instead of Memphis. Then, either they, DHL or USPS screwed up and sent my package to Alabama. Carson, CA --> Kentucky --> Mississippi --> Alabama. It shipped on the 10th. It's scheduled to arrive on the 22nd. Yet another weekend goes by that I can't put this thing together.

I don't live in Jacksonville, Florida or Little Rock, Alabama. I live in Jacksonville, Arkansas.

Idiots.
    Shipping companys are in there own world. I had a shipment sit in Tx this week for 4 days because the driver couldn't find the location.... It was a Pepsi plant. It's 10 acers. How do you drive past something every day and not drop the package?
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dandasarge View Post
    Shipping companys are in there own world. I had a shipment sit in Tx this week for 4 days because the driver couldn't find the location.... It was a Pepsi plant. It's 10 acers. How do you drive past something every day and not drop the package?
    Probably because the driver was too busy looking for five minute dates rather than doing his (her?) J O B.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I contacted the seller and requested a $10 refund. He decided to give it to me, since he mislabeled the listing. So, I paid $41 for the board.

My Ram, according to the USPS tracking page, is in Memphis. I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow or Saturday. Otherwise I have to wait until Tuesday.
    Last edited by trigggl; 02-17-11 at 06:16 PM.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Wow, that's good news on the board! Best of luck on the ram. I think we all hate the waiting game when we're in it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Wow, that's good news on the board! Best of luck on the ram. I think we all hate the waiting game when we're in it!
    Well, the Ram came in yesterday. More to follow...
    6r39 7r199

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast