Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team/Site Administration

Teratoma

Exclamation Team/Site Administration

I am going to do my best to relay this correctly as we do not have the original topics from the old site. Hopefully I do not get this wrong...

When Mr Hankey and I were voted as Admins, it was agreed that our terms would be for 15 months and that at 12 months the next Admin would start their term so there would be some overlap to help ease the transition. Each Admin would select their own replacement and present their selection to the team to give them the opportunity to declare a vote of no confidence.

March will be the 12th month of my term. As such, I have reached out to a team member and asked him to be by replacement. I am doing this early to not only give him and you time to consider this but also because we feel we need add to our leadership as soon as possible. Real life responsibilities have been demanding much of my time. So much so that I have barely been functioning here at 1/2 capacity. This is not fair to Mr. Hankey and, more importantly, not fair to the team. Thankfully Mr. Hankey has pulled more than his weight and handled the technical aspects of getting this site up and running. Thank you Mr. Hankey!

With all of this in mind I have selected my replacement based on his desire to help this team, not his technical abilities. I do believe that he will pick up the basics of vBulletin quite easily and become proficient enough to help maintain this site in no time if that is a concern. It is this person's approach to issues and opportunities that drew me to him. I like the way he thinks and the way he communicates. In a very short time I have grown to appreciate and respect him as a member of this team. I hope all of you feel the same and accept him as my replacement.

I'm not sure how to type out fanfare appropriate for this, so I'll just get on with it....

Please accept DrPop as your next Admin.

In addition to accepting DrPop, we would also like for you to consider one more thing. Since we are in need of more leadership and the job of running this site can be a handful at times, we feel that having more than 2 Admins would be beneficial. So, to that point, I would like to continue to function as an Admin beyond the 15 month term. I cannot guarantee that I will be able to function at more than the 50% capacity I am at now, but I feel that I can stil contribute as a leader and help bear some of the burden of running the site.

In summary....

DrPop as an Admin: you may provide your acceptance, but unless there is a call for a vote of no confidence, DrPop will assume his new position on March 1st.

Teratoma as an Admin beyond 15 months: If there is no consensus on this, we can put it to a vote. Otherwise I will continue as an Admin for another 12 months, until I step down, or am asked to do so. We are open to suggestions if these terms are not acceptable.

Platinum Member

Re: Team/Site Administration

I agree on both points. DrPop has shown his enthusiasm towards the team and in general has become a well respected member. I have no objections at all to him becomming an admin if he so chooses. Tera has done his job admirably and even with his RL issues can certainly only add to the teams continued success.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    I agree on both points. DrPop has shown his enthusiasm towards the team and in general has become a well respected member. I have no objections at all to him becomming an admin if he so chooses. Tera has done his job admirably and even with his RL issues can certainly only add to the teams continued success.
    I concur. I have no issues or qualms to consider. Thank you DrPop for stepping up to the plate. And thank you both, Teratoma & Mr. Hankey, for a great job with all the work that has gone into the board.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Sounds good to me.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Sounds good! Lets keep the good times rolling

Gold Member

Absolutely. It is important at this time to keep the continuity of the site intact. If more help is needed to do this I think DrPop is an ideal choice and keeping the old timers around longer seems to be a no brainer to me. They have done an outstanding job...why change. Good job!

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

DrPop has my vote! Good choice DrPop has shown his commitment as well as his enthusiasm for the team.

Harley

You guys got my vote too.

Past Administrator

Thanks for the vote of confidence so far. I am a bit humbled by the position, as Tera mentioned, there will be a learning curve regarding VBulletin and certain areas of BOINC for me to plow through. It will take me a bit to get up to full steam, so I am very glad he will stay on as "coach"!
    I will do my best to serve the team well throughout the next year. If any member has any topic they wish to discuss for the good of the team, please send me a PM at any time.

Past Admin

Congrats on the nomination..! That is well deserved. I canīt think of anyone rigth now, that could pick up where Tera left - and I am in full confidence that DrPop will be a great admin.

So......? In my country thereīs always a "round or two" when someone is promoted....So where is the beer???
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast