Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit's revamped at SAT

Administrator

Credit's revamped at SAT

I got a PM via BS from Alex.RU regarding SAT and their new credits. I'm posting his question and my reply. Let me know your feelings so I can get back to him as promised. Thanks!
    ======================
    From Alex:
    Hello.
    I understand that this is a team general account. I would like to know the opinion of your team here on this issue.
    Now the project SAT changed the credit system calculation. What are your views on this? Will your team be more involved in the project?

My Response:

Well, I can't give you the opinion of the team at this point, but I can give you my opinion. Our Team is mostly a group of people that work the projects they want to work, so seeing a big increase in production from our team is unlikely purely based on credits. With FB starting in a few hours and SAT's inclusion in FB, you will probably see an increase from our team, maybe early in the year, maybe later in the year.

Alex, I will post this on the internal team board and report back with the group's feelings. In all honesty, for SETI.USA, it is not about credits/wu, it's more about decimating the competition (sorry, but we're very competitive)...although paying above Credit New credits is always appreciated because we hate Credit New.

Al (Sphynx)

Diamond Member

Re: Credit's revamped at SAT

Wuprop shows only a couple of apps for me, neither of which are far up enough to count for my five highest stars. So if I run out of other apps to increase my stars, it looks like a good choice. Or if there is a challenge. Or if they decide to offer badges. Any of those three, and I will be crunching it at some point. If they all happen at the same time, that would be sweet.

Otherwise I already hit my MM goal there, so I am not likely to crunch it again, regardless of credits.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

I ran SAT in my "junk" account last year for FB. If it is paying higher credits I am more apt to take it to 1M and move it to my main account.

As far as I'm concerned, Credit New projects can rot in my junk account ... if it weren't for FB and the team needs I wouldn't touch a CN project!!!!

Platinum Member

@Al - I would put the discussion of creditnew up front, and why that's awful. Then follow it with the point that they're unlikely to see a bit uptick in participation from our team.

That said, personally, I have SAT at 250k. If the credits were better, it would move quickly up my priority list to get it to 1M.

Administrator

I've recontacted Alex and let him know the wishes of this team.

1. Increase the credit - which I believe they may have done already.
    2. More importantly, offer badges!!! We love some "bling."

I'll let you know what they decide.

Platinum Member

I will most likely swing some resources over to SAT after the Rosetta challenge. I still need to get to 100 Mil on Rosetta, but that's a long haul goal. SAT looks like they may be paying really well for now, but I'd need to test the waters to learn that for sure. I still haven't even made 1 Mil at SAT, so it will get plenty of attention from me soon. Granting competetive credits moves it up on my list of priorities. If they look too good, it needs to be brought up as well.

Gold Member

sat is a project that is on my list to move up to 2.5 m sometime 2015. doesn't matter to me when but better credits is always better.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Administrator

I was planning on starting FB on Sztaki but if they are paying really well I might change the order. I'd hate for them to raise the credits and then realize they are too high and drop them again

Platinum Member

If you look at the daily credit granted, since they implemented fixed credits on Dec 12th, total daily grant is up significantly. Although, that may simply bring it closer to parity with the rest of the BOINC world. I'd need to run a few hosts on it for a while to confirm.

Administrator

The reply from Alex:
    ================

Thanks for the reply. We are interested to know the opinion of your team. Credit is certainly not the most important.
    Earlier in the project investigated the weakened version of ciphers. But now want to try to work with the unattenuated cipher. This is a very difficult task and interesting. Maybe part in solving this problem involve your team.

The use of badges is fun and they soon will be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast