Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What did *you* upgrade today?

Past Administrator

Re: What did *you* upgrade today?

Quote Originally Posted by Aux10 View Post
    Sounds like it's time for a trip to IKEA! IDK why but I really like that place for some reason.
    Yeah, Ikea is a great store. Being half Swedish myself, I'm kinda partial to Scandinavian designs.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Yeah, Ikea is a great store. Being half Swedish myself, I'm kinda partial to Scandinavian designs.
    "Lackrack" end tables maybe?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Gold Member

Over the last couple of months I've been doing some upgrades to Wasp Redux, Z's old rig that I've had since April. I loaded it up with two R9-280x GPUs, a 1000 Watt Platinum PSU from EVGA, and as of today a Kraken X31 CPU cooler. The fan on my Cooler Master Evo 212 crapped out, so I figured I'd step up. Glad I did! Temps are way down.

Silver Member

[QUOTE=FourOh;101438]Over the last couple of months I've been doing some upgrades to Wasp Redux, Z's old rig that I've had since April. I loaded it up with two R9-280x GPUs, a 1000 Watt Platinum PSU from EVGA, and as of today a Kraken X31 CPU cooler. The fan on my Cooler Master Evo 212 crapped out, so I figured I'd step up. Glad I did! Temps are way down.

Good looking rig. Nice cable management. Looks like those GPUs need a kickstand.

What case is that? And how hot do those Tahiti's get when right next to each other?

Also those were some sharp looking photos and when I replied originally the had tapatalk domains. Does one have to upgrade tapatalk to post highres shots?

Gold Member

Here's the complete part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/kJWXsY

Case is NZXT S340 - it's a great case that makes cable management easy. Yep, the GPUs sag a bit. I don't love how it looks but they feel secure. I might cut a couple dowels to fit and paint black. Hopefully I can make them disappear. There's a slot in between the GPUs so with two 140mm intake fans, a 140mm top exhaust and 120mm rear exhaust they stay around the same temp they would in a single-GPU setup.

I have found that uploading from the mobile app results in better quality images. Not sure why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    Good looking rig. Nice cable management. Looks like those GPUs need a kickstand.

What case is that? And how hot do those Tahiti's get when right next to each other?

Also those were some sharp looking photos and when I replied originally the had tapatalk domains. Does one have to upgrade tapatalk to post highres shots?

Past Admin

That is one clean case. Very nice. How are the temps on the cpu?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post

I have found that uploading from the mobile app results in better quality images. Not sure why that is.
    I'm only using the android version and the couple of times I've tried to upload photos from this phone the progress bar stops at 10%. I believe this camera is 4k, hmm just checked, photo I took was 4160x2340 when wide and 3120x4160 when vertical.
    Edit test upload success

Silver Member

For those unaware the u1 antminer from bitmain didn't come with a heatsink, Unlike the u2. It came with a piece, of what feels like, cheap aluminum without any additional surface area machined into it. It would get too hot to the touch. So I thought it couldn't hurt.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    That is one clean case. Very nice. How are the temps on the cpu?
    Around 60C running at 3700Mhz. Bumped up to 3900Mhz and I'm not going over 64C. I have a Kraken X41 on my i7-4790k rig and I like it, so the X31 was a no-brainer for me on this build.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    I'm only using the android version and the couple of times I've tried to upload photos from this phone the progress bar stops at 10%. I believe this camera is 4k, hmm just checked, photo I took was 4160x2340 when wide and 3120x4160 when vertical.
    Edit test upload success

Tapatalk still reduces the file size quite a bit... I guess if we want to share 4k (or 20 Megapixel ) shots we'll have to do it on a third (fourth?) party platform.

Silver Member

I'm interested in all those pll, offset, etc voltages in your bios on that 3770k. Could you snap a photo or two of those for me? I never really dialed in the one I got from tankmaster. The onboard over clock uses way too much voltage and runs rather hot.

Its on an Asus highend board, whatever the atx z77 was, rampage or something.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast